anthonyvo17

will a hifonics BRZ 2400 watt rms be too much for the 18" BTL

I ordered a 18" BTL at 1ohm. I have a Hifonics brutus BRZ 2400 watt rms will that be too much? Also if my sub is 1ohm can i wire it to 2ohm on the amp that way it only push out 1700watts rms?

It will only cause it to fail due to operator error. Considering you are asking the question though there is some probability of that happening.

Depends on if ur putting any upgrades on it and it also depends if you know what the hell your doing. This is a prime example of why BTL's dont have warranties.

If you dont know what your doing man your gonna blow it.

i can put a 6000 watt amp on a single 8 inch kicker VR and it would be fine.... its the user and the controls that make or break this question...

you can blow a BTL on a 800 watt amp if you dont know what your doing... see where this is going?

amps dont blow subs .... users blow subs.

that amp is no where close to 2400 watts by the way, that amp will work on that sub.. but your gonna need to place your setting very carefully.. as thats dirty power IMO.

the BTL handles over 3500 watts clean daily power if used correctly.

If you got dual 1 ohm coils on the sub, you will have to wire it to 2 ohms to the amp.

I run 2500wrms to each of my 4 BTL's daily.

Set up properly, scoped the works.

Don't even get warm unless I thrash them like a mad man or if I let BILTD near them.

If you do something stupid of course it is going to break.

It's like asking the ford dealer if i drive my car into a bridge am i going to get a new one?

...speakers are stupid, they do what YOU tell them to do..so if you burn it up..then it is you burning it up, it is at no fault to the sub what so ever.

If you do something stupid of course it is going to break.

It's like asking the ford dealer if i drive my car into a bridge am i going to get a new one?

...speakers are stupid, they do what YOU tell them to do..so if you burn it up..then it is you burning it up, it is at no fault to the sub what so ever.

I love the car metaphors, you and Scott really love them.

But it's true, be aware of your subwoofer, and set gains with an Oscilloscope.

I ordered a 18" BTL at 1ohm. I have a Hifonics brutus BRZ 2400 watt rms will that be too much? Also if my sub is 1ohm can i wire it to 2ohm on the amp that way it only push out 1700watts rms?

Dual 1 ohm voice coils? What other options did you select with your BTL?

Question is why would you buy something when you obviously have no idea what you are doing?

:noob: + HiFonics 2400 watt amp + Fi BTL = Fail!

i can put a 6000 watt amp on a single 8 inch kicker VR and it would be fine.... its the user and the controls that make or break this question...

you can blow a BTL on a 800 watt amp if you dont know what your doing... see where this is going?

amps dont blow subs .... users blow subs.

that amp is no where close to 2400 watts by the way, that amp will work on that sub.. but your gonna need to place your setting very carefully.. as thats dirty power IMO.

the BTL handles over 3500 watts clean daily power if used correctly.

anthony, I can tell you from experience that Hifonics amps ARE dirty power. bigjon is right, if you do use this amp on that sub you will have to set the gain carefully AND be responsible with the volume knob. Another problem is they're not very efficient amps either.

As is mentioned many times before NO speaker out there is indestructible. Fi designs all the subs to take their share of abuse, but they have limits and if you exceed those limits they WILL fail as would anything else that was used outside it's specifications. Another good car analogy example is with a friend's recent destruction of a transmission. Not just any transmission this was a race ready 350 turbo with heavy duty plates, gearing, etc. Rated good for 1200HP by the company that built it. He blew the original transmission in a demolition derby car he was running and the car was still in plenty good enough shape to make a run in another derby. So he grabbed that race ready 350 turbo and threw it in there for this one last run with the car. Ended up splitting the side of the case open and spewing it's guts. Do you think the 350 small block in the car was making anywhere near 1200hp? No way, it was just being used outside it's limits. The constant forward and reverse of the derby was just way out the ability of the transmission to handle.

Similarly with the BTL or any speaker for that matter. If you get anywhere near the power rating of the sub with a dirty and clipped signal you'll be on here asking why the sub blew, it's that simple. I would recommend looking into getting a better quality amplifier. Yes, I know it will cost more but you'll be better off. If you do get the Hifonics or similarly priced/quality amp you should REALLY REALLY be mindful of how everything is playing.

Well that's why I got the sub at 1ohm so it'll be wired to two ohms on the amp which will only put out 1700 watts ema

I dnt need no insults from nobody. So wat I'm a noob. Everybody starts out somewhere but I'm only 17 that's why I'm askin you guys for help.

ANY amp can put out dirty power, lol. Just because it's labeled Sundown, Incriminator, or Audique doesn't automatically deem it clean power. As was stated earlier with the sub, an amp is a dumb thing and it will do exactly what you tell it too. You can get clean power just fine out of a lower priced amp (as I have with my Audiopipes) if you know how to properly set your gains and such.

Not trying to be a dick here, just don't want the OP thinking just because he has a Sundown amp he doesn't have to worry about clipping the shit out of his sub and blowing it or that if he uses a HiFonics amp his sub will blow as soon as he hooks it up beause they only put out dirty power.

Edited by PHATBOi

I dnt need no insults from nobody. So wat I'm a noob. Everybody starts out somewhere but I'm only 17 that's why I'm askin you guys for help.

Stay away from Hifonics, think of them as knock off jordans.. i do agree with phatboi though!

If i were you i'd get a sundown audio amp from ebay for around 5 bills, based on your questions get a 1500d.

You are aware of that you need to buy an after market battery for your car and maybe even an alternator?

Also, don't go buying on of those purddy boxes from the nice man at the stereo store down the street............

It takes power to make power.

There isn't anyone on here who could tell the difference between a sine wave using an O'Scope from any Hifonics or "higher end" Class D amp when driven within it's parameters..... The clean dirty thing is kind of a joke with class D amps, especially the way we run them in car audio..... Run until clipping and they are all about the same...

Setting your gains with an O'Scope is a complete waste of time and gay, IMO.....

The only thing that (thermally) blows a sub is too much power. Thats it. And the amp you are talking about can produce more power than any BTL can take take, so yes you can blow it.....

You could also run 4 of those amps on one BTL and it last for years if you have a clue what you are doing.

If it sounds bad or smells, turn it down...

If youy can't tell if it sounds bad or you can't smell, buy an amp that is much less power

There isn't anyone on here who could tell the difference between a sine wave using an O'Scope from any Hifonics or "higher end" Class D amp when driven within it's parameters..... The clean dirty thing is kind of a joke with class D amps, especially the way we run them in car audio..... Run until clipping and they are all about the same...

Setting your gains with an O'Scope is a complete waste of time and gay, IMO.....

The only thing that (thermally) blows a sub is too much power. Thats it. And the amp you are talking about can produce more power than any BTL can take take, so yes you can blow it.....

You could also run 4 of those amps on one BTL and it last for years if you have a clue what you are doing.

If it sounds bad or smells, turn it down...

If youy can't tell if it sounds bad or you can't smell, buy an amp that is much less power

DJ from AudioQue said the same thing but in different words lol

He told me over the phone that setting your gain with an O-Scope or DMM is only good for the volume which is on the head unit at the time you set the gain, and we don't listen to the radio at the same vol. all the time lol

That's pretty much it. Anything changes, anywhere in the chain, at all, and your 53.256474 VRMS setting is as usefull as condoms were to Octomom....

Yea I already got my big 3 upgrade and a upgraded alternator. I have a kinetik 2400 but haven't installed it yet

Keep your amp. Try to set the gain with your ears. If you can! Or find someone who can do it or/and explain it to you.

Never try to play with your h u at full volume. Only 3/4 maximum. This should help for a clean signal.

Listen to your sub. It can't make weird noise. Be aware...

Don't go cheap on the box. Use an enclosure built to the specs of the sub.

You can contact some good designers and builders on this forum.

Good luck.

Keep your amp. Try to set the gain with your ears. If you can! Or find someone who can do it or/and explain it to you.

Never try to play with your h u at full volume. Only 3/4 maximum. This should help for a clean signal.

Listen to your sub. It can't make weird noise. Be aware...

Don't go cheap on the box. Use an enclosure built to the specs of the sub.

You can contact some good designers and builders on this forum.

Good luck.

Read my signature for what is in bold and underlined :)