beatindowndablock247

Cone surface or power ?

would i be better off gettin 8 AUDIOPIPE TSAR10 10"s on one ap3000.1 at 2 ohms or should i get one aq hdc3 18-a on 2 ap3000.1s

the ap3000.1s are rated for 2 ohm stable but i used to run one on .6 ohms daly on a solo x 18 so im sure it would be fine at a little over 1 ohm

the audiopipes would be sealed and the 18 would be in a custom built aero port box..

which setup would be better for spl at the headrest thanks in advance

Where are you in louisville? And what vehicle do you have?

Im in fern creek but usually ride around the hillveiw area. what about you. owe im in a silver 01 cavalier 4 door.. i was in meca soundoff at carlcasper last year if u were there

I wasn't there but I had buddies there. Do you compete often?

And are you sure you got enough room for 8 10"s efficiently?

yea i could give each 10 up to about 2 cubes a peice they are smaller subs but its alot of cone surface and ive always been told more cone surface higher db's.. but i also felt powering the $hit out of an aluminum coil aq 18 hdc3 might be just as good and more simple for build.. i have untill febuary 2011 to get it done for casper so time wise im fine just need to do decision making... ive considered btl 15's sa-8's even just dont know exactly what i want...

2cuft per 10? You can go with 8 of them ported then with about 1 cuft each and the rest for port area. You are going to be running about the same amount of power really. Cone area is about 4 times more with 8 10s vs 1 18. Are you going to wall the 10s, big ass box subs up from trunk to back seats, or what? Hard for me to see this. But good luck though. I'd rather not run the ap 3k under 1 ohm. I had it wired at .5 ohms and it got really hot and went into protect a lot.

it will def be in a wall.. and as far as amps if i do the audiopipes they will all 8 be wired down to 2 ohms which is perfect for the ap3000.1 but if there are better amps = price range let me know..

there is no better amp for that price. :D I got one.

Well, you should definitely check to see if you can have a wall with the 8 10s and a port.

i do agree my ap ran me 309.83 shipped still have the receipt.. found even better deals if i was to purchase 2 same time... what about aq 2200d's would that be a good deal compared

i do agree my ap ran me 309.83 shipped still have the receipt.. found even better deals if i was to purchase 2 same time... what about aq 2200d's would that be a good deal compared

Not as good of a deal the ap 3k.

power always

not always.

Cone area pretty much always actually.

Cone area pretty much always actually.

Agreed went from a 12" SSD to a 15 Lethal Injection and they're both pretty good daily drivers but the fifteen won for sure.

Hence why I said "pretty much" always.