erik67111

nightshade vs 7k

i was thinking of getting two nightshade 18s and stetsom 7k at 1 ohm do you think the nightshades would be able to handle it or should i wait till this spl monster that jacob has been working on comes out

ps jacob do you know when youll be releasing that monster

yes but its 3x the rms needed i think im gonna save some money and get the 5k instead

If yuo have to ask, then....... :suicide-santa:

have your read much on the stetsom amps and daily? and yes the can take 3k daily but it needs to be in the right box, tbh you wont hear much difference between 5k and 7k

yeah thats what i was thinking the 5k is enough and it would save money on both on the amp and electrical upgrades

id do a lil searching on the stetsom amps bro, they re designed for competing, so there 4ohm # are lower to run a lower class..... i would take a look @ the saz 4500 tbh or 2x 2500s, much cleaner power and it will last you a lot longer

id do a lil searching on the stetsom amps bro, they re designed for competing, so there 4ohm # are lower to run a lower class..... i would take a look @ the saz 4500 tbh or 2x 2500s, much cleaner power and it will last you a lot longer

if anything i would get 2 3500's strapped

Dude you gonna need upgraded batteries and alt weather you run 5k or 7k. most cars/trucks need upgrades at about 1500-2000w

and what steve said is very true, but you can get 2 saz-3500s for the same price as the aq's and get a bit more power

Just my 2 cents but I REALLY liked the sound I got out of my 7k2e. I like my bass loud all the time so I pushed the stetsom hard on a daily basis and had NO problems. It put out tons of power (clamped 3000+ watts in a Yaris w/ only upgraded alt). Was a perfect match for my 15" SMD

Just my 2 cents but I REALLY liked the sound I got out of my 7k2e. I like my bass loud all the time so I pushed the stetsom hard on a daily basis and had NO problems. It put out tons of power (clamped 3000+ watts in a Yaris w/ only upgraded alt). Was a perfect match for my 15" SMD

If you were only getting 3k watts out of a 7k Stetsom, you were not pushing it hard.

The Nightshades will handle any of the amps the op has referred to. Just put them in the right enclosure and you will be good to go!

Correct, I could only push "so hard" with the electrical I had. I know there was lots more power in there waiting to be harnessed.

Tomorrow I install a Kinetik hc 1200 under the hood and hc 2400 in the trunk right next to the amp. It's just too bad it's not the stetsom anymore. Well a saz 3000d is not bad at all.

Anyway op, I agree, the subs will be fine