Branden2202

just getting used to car audio

I just turned 17 and im getting a 2010 maxima next week. I ordered a 12in fi bl fully loaded and a sundown sae 1200d. I also ordered a stinger 0 gauge amp kit. Scott@ficaraudio sent me an enclosure that is 2.3cf and tuned to 33hz. I am planning on doing the big 3 upgrade, all 0 gauge and building the enclosure myself. This is the first time im getting a system. Is it going to be VERY loud for my very fisrt time having a system. The sundown sae 1200d is capable of producing 1500 watts rms at normal operating voltage, thats what jacob fuller at sundown audio told me by email. So is that 1500 watts rms going to pound my chest?

I have heard, in my school, 2 mtx 7500's in a sealed enclosure. The amp was mtx it was about 800wrms. The wire from the battery to the amp was 4 gauge, and plus the enclosure was right off the shelf. Would i be able to blow this person away?

I have also heard, from my best friend, 2 jl w7's the 12's. He has 0 gauge wiring, and the big 3 upgrade. He has 2 amps the 1000/v2. It sounded great. He did not change his alternator or get an extra battery. All he did was do the big 3. Will mine be loud like that?

How loud something is..is simply up to that particular scenario.

Apples and oranges can't be compared :)

if the box is built right and you get ur amp and head unit setup right you should easily be able to keep up with or be louder then the 2 mtx's. especially if you go ported. sealed box's make you lose alot of output. now ur best friend on the otherhand u probably wont be able to touch if his is as loud as it should be. and yes for ur first system this will be very loud. i could only wish i had that quality equip for my first system. i think with the big 3 you should be ok electrical wise. i'd go aahead and get a voltage meter just to be safe

if the box is built right and you get ur amp and head unit setup right you should easily be able to keep up with or be louder then the 2 mtx's. especially if you go ported. sealed box's make you lose alot of output. now ur best friend on the otherhand u probably wont be able to touch if his is as loud as it should be. and yes for ur first system this will be very loud. i could only wish i had that quality equip for my first system. i think with the big 3 you should be ok electrical wise. i'd go aahead and get a voltage meter just to be safe

When i was in my friends car the 2 jl w7's 12's, i could barely breath. It pounded my heart and chest. I want to know if mines going to do that.

This is a big system for a beginner !!! You should be very loud !

Don't forget the front speakers. What do you have ? Any amp for them ? With so much bass (yes, so much!!!) you will need to upgrade the mids & highs soon!!!

Congrats bro:fing34: :fing34:

Yeah for your first system its gonna be loud for sure. Ive got a BL 15 and its my first system, shit hurt my ears for like the first week until i got used to it. I've got a sundown sae-1200d as well and its great, haven't had any problems yet. You will definitely need to get mids and highs, or else the vocals will just be drowned out not even with the bass all the way up either. I personally wish i got a btl though, since ive needed to do so many electrical upgrades already and i just feel like the BL just isn't loud enough anymore. And yes it will make those mtx subs look bad.

Don't forget the front speakers. What do you have ? Any amp for them ? With so much bass (yes, so much!!!) you will need to upgrade the mids & highs soon!!!

nahh my car is goiing to be a lease and i dont want to mess with the door speakers. My friend has 2000 watts rms in his car and he dident change the speakers... you can hear the song nice and clear. I have evrything ready, except i need about 10 feet extra of 0 guage wire for the big 3. Whats the best 0 gauge wire you can buy oh and i need a rca cables good ones not cheap. What is the best website to buy it from. Also im not going to put an extra battery. my friend has 2000 watts rms and he only did the big 3 and his voltage does not drop at all

nahh my car is goiing to be a lease and i dont want to mess with the door speakers. My friend has 2000 watts rms in his car and he dident change the speakers... you can hear the song nice and clear. I have evrything ready, except i need about 10 feet extra of 0 guage wire for the big 3. Whats the best 0 gauge wire you can buy oh and i need a rca cables good ones not cheap. What is the best website to buy it from. Also im not going to put an extra battery. my friend has 2000 watts rms and he only did the big 3 and his voltage does not drop at all

Don't think like that.

People on her will tell you welding cable FTW. Others will tell you Knukonceptz.com FTW.

each car is different. some cars come stock with bose sound system some with infinity and some that really just get the job done and thats it. Hopefully you have nice mids/highs.

@BanginGMC Welding cable ftw. lol

Weldingsupply.com ftw. Did my Big Three with their cable.

Btw, I actually have my 12" BL fully loaded on the way as well. And my SAE 1200d is already waiting. Seems like a popular combination of sub/amp.

where in michigan are u from...i can take care of u on wire and in case u want to change ur interiors pm me cause im not on here that often, a pm alerts my phone

Edited by willie7380

unless you both have the same car with all the same stuff in it you really cant compare the two