Does it really matter what RCA cables you use from your headunit to your amp?

I've used cheap $10 RCA's from radioshack without a problem. I think the only real variance in RCA cables is shielding\twisted pair, you might get some ground feedback\distorted signals but I doubt it.. :shrug:

Edited by Mr. Bojangles

I've used cheap $10 RCA's from radioshack without a problem. I think the only real variance in RCA cables is shielding\twisted pair, you might get some ground feedback\distorted signals but I doubt it.. :shrug:

x2, I have used cheap ones and expensive ones (both do the job). I got cheap ones at first to hold me over to get better quality ones and didnt notice a difference really (just personal preference really).

Complete myth. The only time you will get interference is with a 15 year old HU with low output voltage, or a bad ground, normally the latter.

monoprice rca or python rca from ebay. cheap and good insulation so it doesn't rip so easy. I hate those weak ass kicker twisted rcas. They ripped apart so easy.