42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use a remote knob?

• Yes, on my bass amp.
    • Yes, on my mids and highs amp.
    • No.

I voted no, I used to use them only on my sub amps back in the day. Now I just use my Epic-160 to control the sub limit or the volume knob.

Yes, its a personal preference but i like to be able to adjust whether i want the sub in the song more than others

I use mine all the time

It helps Out because I like a wide variety of music

I like the extra thump. ALso when I need to turn the bass down quick!! :ehh:

It depends sometimes since i have sub level on HU

I use a remote gain att. I have 3 kids and when they're in the car I like to just have a little tiny thump for a full sound, then when it's Daddy time I run between 1/2 and 3/4, and on demos I can run it up full tilt. Very covenient little thing to have as long as it is a true gain att and not a bass boost knob.

I will be using the remote knob's in the van and the jimmy. While my Kenwood HU's are great units they do not offer the best or quickest adjustment for the subwoofer level output control. In the van with the old Pioneer unit we had it was a quick easy one or two button press to turn on/off the subs or adjust the level and it could be done from the remote just as easy. The Kenwood's just aren't as easy, which means the wife will need the knob(s) to make adjustments when the kids are riding along. From what I've read the Sundown amps remote knobs are GAIN control knobs that make adjustment within the adjustment of the local gain control, which is ideal for this purpose I think.

The one I use is for my crossover and it controls the gain and the frequency sweep for my subs so I can adjust everything from the front based on what I'm listening to.

Used to use one before I got a head unit with a dedicated sub RCA output and sub level setting. Now I just use that. Same thing.

i use the PAC LC-1 bass knob because i'm overpowering my subs that i have now and if i play them turned up too long they'll blow

My current amp just has the bass boost so no. Past amps that had gain control no. I have just use the radio's sub level control. Never saw the need to have 2 things that do the same thing installed. lol

ou yeah ....remote all the time ... if iam drivin down the road and i see older people or small kids i turn it down ... and than upupup :fing34:

I will be using the remote knob's in the van and the jimmy. While my Kenwood HU's are great units they do not offer the best or quickest adjustment for the subwoofer level output control. In the van with the old Pioneer unit we had it was a quick easy one or two button press to turn on/off the subs or adjust the level and it could be done from the remote just as easy. The Kenwood's just aren't as easy, which means the wife will need the knob(s) to make adjustments when the kids are riding along. From what I've read the Sundown amps remote knobs are GAIN control knobs that make adjustment within the adjustment of the local gain control, which is ideal for this purpose I think.

i USE A KENWOOD HEADUNIT AND IT IS ONE PUSH OF A BUTTON TO ADJUST SUB LEVEL

I have subwoofer "Level Adjust" on my deck. Once I get everything set just right, I leave it alone. Oddly enough, when I bought a Rockford P300.1 a few years ago, the B-Buy sales guy told me that "Even if you never use the bass-knob, hook it up. It just sounds better..Trust me..". I wasn't too sure what to think. I tried it, and didn't hear any difference, unless I turned the thing all the way up. Did his opinion have any validity?

One more thing.. I've NEVER been a fan of "Bass Boost" buttons on head units.

Edited by magicguyken

It's convenient, a lot easier than going through my deck's menu to turn the sub level down. I just have to open my ashtray and turn a little knob :fing34:

always as long as its a remote gain, and only on my sub amp. occasionally needed to dial it down around town and elderly/children. that and i just dont like being a prick sitting at a stoplight. now i have kids, and working on a new stereo so ill need it simply to turn it down when i got them with me. on a side note, anybody ever cut it loose inside a parking garage and counted the car alarms? did it about 5 yrs ago with my cavalier, sx15 ported and 1200rms. 5 level garage parked in the 3rd level 84 car alarms, its hard to get a friend willing to stand on each level to count though. was fun, but i dont think ill be doing it again anytime soon.

never used one. Have subwoofer level control on my head unit, use it if I have to. Other than that, st th gains and forget it, good enough for me. If I need to turn it down ral quick, that's what the mute button on my deck is for. Works minty.