Skar

SKAR Audio VVX-12 12" 600 Watt RMS Subwoofer Release!

In a series of new subwoofers to be released by SKAR Audio LLC., the VVX-12 is the first in the lineup! It is our exclusive daily subwoofer that was built in partnership with Jacob of Sundown Audio. This woofer is built to take abuse beyond it's rated power handling of 600 Watts RMS! You will find all of the technical specifications of the driver below, as well as Pre-Order information, which won't last long!

SKAR AUDIO VVX-12

CURRENT ETA : Production has finished and drivers are in transit, 25-30 Days Ship time from source to our facility!

Presale Ends August 25th, 2010!

Pricing

MSRP : $239.99

Pre-Order by August 25th : $140 Each Shipped in Lower 48 (Message or Email for International Quote)

If you plan on pre-ordering more then 1 Subwoofer

2-4 Subwoofers : $135 Each

4-6 Subwoofers : $130 Each Shipped

6-20 Subwoofers : $125 Each Shipped

Rated Power Handling : 600 Watts RMS

Motor Depth : 85mm (~3.34") and a 12" 12 Spoke Frame (~3.25" Deep) = Total Depth ~6.6"

Spider : Dual Layer High % Nomex Content Progressive Spider 50mm WW on a 2.5" Diameter Former. Spider on production model is relatively stiff.

Available in.. : D2 and D4 Model's

Enclosure Recommendations

Ported : 1.75 CuFt Per Driver after displacement of sub. Tuned ~36hz

Sealed : .8-.9 CuFt Per Drive after displacement of sub.

Unique Cooling System

This Subwoofer has a unique voice coil air flow system with no vent flaring on the back plate. Instead, Jacob designed a system in which the top of pole has an enormous flare and the coil former has vent holes. This creates a nice flow patern through the holes and out the pole (vent). This allows less machining when making the sub and works very well! That system combined with a chrome finish allows for a much prettier finish then most driver's!

The VVX-12 has a progressive suspension to help prevent mechanical damages. This includes a triple joint re-enforcement ring to hold this joint strongly together at pretty much any power level you throw at them!

The VVX-12 Is a great daily driver and will work well in both sealed and vented enclosures. While the driver was tested in both sealed and ported enclosures pre-production, it shined in the vented enclosures on around 600 Watts continuous power. We threw more power then rated at this driver for an extended period of time and it held up without breaking a sweat!

Fms : 22.1Hz

Res : 101.8

Re : 3.8

Qms : 4.57

Qes : 0.45

Qts : 0.41

Rms : 10.0 Kg/s

Cms : 0.16 mm/N

Mms : 330.8 gr

Nref : 0.14%

Bl : 19.8

SPL : 83.3 dB

VAS : 59.2 L

Rp : 33.3

Lp : 60.0 mH

Cp : 1126.1 uF

Le : 3.37 mH

Logo Information

The Subwoofer in the pictures is the way the driver will look, however the prototype did not have the logo put on it during testing. If you can picture the logo in our forum header across the center that is how the subwoofers will look. We will post pictures as soon as they come in, but use this generalization for pre order reasons. The VVX-12 Will be across the bottom.

sideviewn.jpg

rearviewq.jpg

coneview.jpg

Free Air Testing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inte_l2wRgA

Thank you for taking interest in SKAR Audio. We started this company to bring you the best customer service and products possible! If you have any question's please feel free to contact us. We look forward to being a part of the SSA community and a vendor here.

Regards,

SKAR Audio

Edited by Skar

Sexxxy!

Anything to prevent tinsel slap? Will you have any other lineups?

Sexxxy!

The tinsel leads look tied down to me :peepwall:

Wow!!! I may just pre order one. The price is right and I would love to try out a new companys first line. Looks great!

Why on Earth did you cover that beautiful pulp cone with plastic?

Congrats on the release of your first sub!! Very Nice! :fing34: Any enclosure recomendations?

Congrats on the release of your first sub!! Very Nice! :fing34: Any enclosure recomendations?

I will go edit the first post with some enclosure recommendations ;).

Thanks for all the support so far. This is really a welcoming community!

Sexxxy!

The tinsel leads look tied down to me :peepwall:

I see it now :drink40:

I was going to say the spiders look small, then I saw 2.5" coil :P

Looks like a very nice entry level driver, plans for anything bigger? Like huge sized? Lol

im with duran on this one wuts up on bigger? like 15's 18's. if u had them sizes i'd or some on payday

im with duran on this one wuts up on bigger? like 15's 18's. if u had them sizes i'd or some on payday

For this Model of Driver we will be going into a 10" and 15" as well but they will not be here until closer to Christmas time, so for now just 12's. Although it is possible something may happen sooner , I would say Xmass time. These 12's sure can take a beating for a 600 Watt Woofer!

For this Model of Driver we will be going into a 10" and 15" as well but they will not be here until closer to Christmas time, so for now just 12's. Although it is possible something may happen sooner , I would say Xmass time. These 12's sure can take a beating for a 600 Watt Woofer!

A 4" coil driver would be awesome too :wub:

Looks nice, I might have to pick one up and test her out for you!

damn duran we r both thinkin the same things lol..... when i seen 2.5" coil i sighed and thought about a 4" lol.....

so skar once/if these sell good and the company grows u gonna build some big boy woofers? ya know like nightshade or xcon level?

also a ? if i push these and get people to buy them can i get a discount when the 15's drop? and how many would it take lol

We certainly will be launching big boys and little guys down the road , however I have no ETA on them.

A 4" coil driver would be awesome too :wub:

Looks nice, I might have to pick one up and test her out for you!

Sounds good, let me know ;). Would love some people to post reviews!

Absolutely we will be expanding in the future! Whatever gets the most interest will most likely be the next size sub we end up making. I would bet on ether a 10" or a 15" though.

So is this the same sub as Subtilis Audio VVX-12 Subwoofer.

What happen to the people that preordered that sub.

So what's the deal here? It's obvious these are one in the same and you've already ruffled quite a few feathers on some other boards.

I own Subtilis Audio which is a separate entity from SKAR Audio (Skar is a manufacturing company, Subtilis Retail). So yes this is the same sub, but it is separate from Subtilis Audio, not a copy.

So is this the same sub as Subtilis Audio VVX-12 Subwoofer.

What happen to the people that preordered that sub.

They pre-ordered the sub and will get it :), it was necessary to make the retail and production company have different names, and the customer's were updated on the fact. It was really only a name change to clear up any confusion between the two companies.

What exactly separates this driver from the other entry/mid level priced drivers already on the market? What differentiates it from the competition? Why should someone buy a VVX-12 instead?

nice to see you back on the forums i got the box i preordered with the sub an i have to say great job on it thanks again...

Edited by pimpolligist16

So what's the deal here? It's obvious these are one in the same and you've already ruffled quite a few feathers on some other boards.

I own Subtilis Audio which is a separate entity from SKAR Audio (Skar is a manufacturing company, Subtilis Retail). So yes this is the same sub, but it is separate from Subtilis Audio, not a copy.

I am confused, you are having a pre-order on the first product, but it is the same product as a different company that had a pre-order on that product?

I am confused, you are having a pre-order on the first product, but it is the same product as a different company that had a pre-order on that product?

Sorry for the confusion. Same EXACT Product, but the company name SKAR is for the new manufacturing line (subs, amps, etc) and Subtilis Audio is for the Retail line. I just wanted the subwoofer to be a part of its own entity so people would not get confused with the retail side of things. Same product and same pre order!

Similar to how Fi and AA are? Fi is the direct company and supplier, and AA is the dealer network.