jrod1050

AA Prototype

Interesting design, possibly a ferrite and neo combination. Lolz no T/S parameters unless you but it, no thanks!

When I saw that think I though it was a knock off of the differential drive design (DDD) used by early alpine subs and the current JBL GTi subs. What look like little neo disk are really just steel spacers. This gives the necessary clearance required for a second voice coil and intermediate plate. Novel, but yeah, it has BS Chinese knock off written all over it. :P

atleast it looks cool :D

LOL

Returns:

No Returns Accepted

That has nothing to do with Scott when he was at RE, nothing at all.

According to the seller it does. Got the following in an email from the seller:

I can tell you is that RE Audio aka Destij Engineering designed and build subwoofers for Ascendant Audio when they first started. The first generation of the Ascendand Audio Atlas and Avalanche were engineered and built at RE's location in Henderson. These were the exact same dustcaps. This custom prototype was designed for Ascendant Audio as something bigger than the Avalanche. Perhaps, the prototype version of the Havoc. Whether or not Ascendant Audio is willing to admit it or not, it is clear and evident that the engineering behind their first few generations of subwoofers were not in house as Chad and his father Dale has no manufacturing experience and relied on the build house of RE Audio. This is pure fact and can be confirmed by hundreds in the industry. This prototype was designed and built by RE Audio for Ascendant Audio.

We need to get Scott in here, as Scott designed all the woofers for RE.

Yes, that was designed by me at RE many years ago. Only one exists and I how it is where it is I don't know. It was a proto made for AA and was a solid design. Specs and parts wise as doable for the intended market but seemed to be at a time when AA was going in a different direction and the sub was scrapped. Realistically not too far off from the current Fi Q, although 6-7 years down the line and things are much more refined than that...

This was pretty funny,this is a perfect example of people on forums acting like they know something but really don't. So many people with their foot in their mouths,haha.

This was pretty funny,this is a perfect example of people on forums acting like they know something but really don't. So many people with their foot in their mouths,haha.

Actually I know exactly where that prototype is now. I had it in my comp car. Its an impressive driver with insane cooling capabilities and immense excursion possibilities. Had it powered with 1200 rms by a sampson. If anyones interested in buying or trading let me know its been in a glass case and just sits. So does my amp. Edited by Shibbles

Actually I know exactly where that prototype is now. Its in my comp car winning db drags across florida. Its a futuristic sub that has insane cooling capabilities and high excursion possibilities. I've got over 1200 watts rms running from a sampson.

So your saying you bought it off eBay?

Yeah a couple months back. Juan was trying to sell it cause he had it sitting in a glass case also.

Sweet!

Post up some pics and vids of this "Creation" :drink40:

Ok I will this wk. Are you interested in buying it cause its a waste just sitting in my house.

Ok I will this wk. Are you interested in buying it cause its a waste just sitting in my house.

LOL no just want to see it since I missed the ebay link. I have to much other stuff lying around as well.

If pics are posted and I like it, I wouldn't mind buying it if the price is reasonable.

I'm in the process of collecting subs, and any proto Scott built would be a nice addition.

I don't want this to turn into a for sale topic...