PhillBoy20XD6

Looking for amazing components

I’m looking for a bit of knowledge from the bright minds on the forum which is all of you guys since I’m sure you all have a great amount of help you can provide me with. I have an 1998

Chevy Blazer I currently am using two Alpine Type-R twelve’s but want to start building a system leaning toward better SQ. I know the basics about how I want to hook it up but looking

forward to some advice on a few components. I am fitting four six and a halves in the doors and two tweeters I am thinking of going from my twelve’s to ten’s for a little better response.

From what I see there are a few brands that look good from JL, Focal, Cadence, Seas, Alpine, etc. Now for the subs I was thinking again JL, Alpine, Sundown, SSA, Fi, and I know there’s

more so that’s where you guys can support me with a few ideas. And if there is a thread about this topic then throw it at me but I checked around in the search and haven’t found this

topic. Thanks again guys for any information I can use.

By the way my money range is about $500 or so somewhere in the access to poly range from focal is where I think I am at. I have room for twelve’s if you think that it’s as feasible for as

good as ten’s for response.

What have you listened to that you liked? didnt like?

4 per door?

Active or passive? you named both.

What do you mean response about your subs?

I don't know how you feel about Alpine Type R component sets, but i have two of them in my GMC S15, they are loud.. like really loud.

I have them running off a PDX 4.100 and the placement for the 6.5s are in the doors (custom fit ;) ) and the tweeters are in the dash ( also custom fit ;) )

I've had issues with the police twice because of them.

Heres a couple videos;

1) Just got it installed

2) was made to show how much space i had in the behind the seats, watch the whole thing and it shows me walk all the way down the street while its playing

1)

2)

I don't know how you feel about Alpine Type R component sets, but i have two of them in my GMC S15, they are loud.. like really loud.

I have them running off a PDX 4.100 and the placement for the 6.5s are in the doors (custom fit ;) ) and the tweeters are in the dash ( also custom fit ;) )

I've had issues with the police twice because of them.

Heres a couple videos;

1) Just got it installed

2) was made to show how much space i had in the behind the seats, watch the whole thing and it shows me walk all the way down the street while its playing

1)

2)

I can confirm gmc's notion, buddy of mine is running the same type-r componets and pdx 100.4 and it's great quality and can be blaring loud if you'd like!

Running multiple drivers playing the same frequencies in your front stage is a bad idea. If you are truly leaning more towards SQ then a single set will be fine.

Running multiple drivers playing the same frequencies in your front stage is a bad idea. If you are truly leaning more towards SQ then a single set will be fine.

Why?

I think he is talking about noise cancellation from the sound waves reaching each other at the same time. I listen to a good combination of everything no jazz or classical really. One per door and leaning toward active since I will be running a few audio control devices.

Same reason that rears do nothing positive, cancellation is a serious bitch. If you don't care how it sounds then go for it.

OP.. go with the (4) 6.5s, you wont be disappointed.

Not at all what he asked for in his first post...

Go to a shop and listen to what you like and make sure to amp your front stage, it makes a world of difference.

I'd even suggest going with cheaper speakers and doing sound deadening and an amp. You'll be amazed how good a mediocre set of speakers can sound in a well damped door.

I know those blazers have a really cheesy plastic spacer to bump the speaker out to avoid the window tracks. Cut out some rings and use those as opposed to the plastic spacer and that'll help too.

The best way to pick out speakers is to listen and find what's good to your ear.

And I'd recommend just buying one nice set of speakers for the fronts and leaving the rears factory or ditching them altogether. How often are you in your backseat?