SilkySmoove

Daisy Chaining Multi-Channel Amps

Hello all,

My question is as follows: When utilizing the RCA output on an amp, such as the 125.2 or 50.4, how is the outputted signal affected by the crossover and gain settings of the amp it is coming from? For example, if I were to use a 50.4 to run tweeters and mid range, and then I wanted to utilize the RCA out of the 50.4 to connect a 125.2 which I would use to run mid-bass. Will the RCA out of the 50.4 only pass the higher frequency signals that it is set for to run the speakers connected to it, or will it simply pass the signal through that it is receiving from the head unit?

Thanks for all of the input in advance!!!!

should just pass the full signal from the HU.

The pass through signal isn't crossed over. It is the same signal that is received from the input.

Thanks for the replies! Now my followup question: Is the signal strength/quality degraded by passing through one amp to another?

My head unit is not the best considering it is a navigation unit (Kenwood DNX-5120). It has front and rear pre-outs that only produce a little over 2V with the volume practically maxed out. Now I am looking at running a 50.4, 125.2, and 1500D so I've just been going over various connection possibilities in my head. I practically need to turn two sets of pre-outs into four!!!! I know I can use y-splitters, which I am currently using to run the 50.4 on the front set of pre-outs. I'm just not sure how splitting the signal again to run the 125.2 will affect things. I am currently using the rear pre-out for my 1500D. I've been toying with the thought of picking up an Audiocontrol Matrix which would allow me to effectively turn my single front pre-out into the three I need for the 50.4 and 125.2 and ensure that the signal strength is maintained. What are your thoughts????

Thanks for the replies! Now my followup question: Is the signal strength/quality degraded by passing through one amp to another?

My head unit is not the best considering it is a navigation unit (Kenwood DNX-5120). It has front and rear pre-outs that only produce a little over 2V with the volume practically maxed out. Now I am looking at running a 50.4, 125.2, and 1500D so I've just been going over various connection possibilities in my head. I practically need to turn two sets of pre-outs into four!!!! I know I can use y-splitters, which I am currently using to run the 50.4 on the front set of pre-outs. I'm just not sure how splitting the signal again to run the 125.2 will affect things. I am currently using the rear pre-out for my 1500D. I've been toying with the thought of picking up an Audiocontrol Matrix which would allow me to effectively turn my single front pre-out into the three I need for the 50.4 and 125.2 and ensure that the signal strength is maintained. What are your thoughts????

I would look into active crossovers. They can be had for around 100 bucks and can give you everything you need, plus the ability to run active.

I would look into active crossovers. They can be had for around 100 bucks and can give you everything you need, plus the ability to run active.

Any active crossovers in particular that you would recommend?