JBurt09

Universal Option

I was curious about the universal option offered for the BTLs.I understand that it is so you can change between dual 1 and 2 ohm coils, but what are the drawbacks?I noticed it says that if you don't get the universal option that the motor will be optimized for the ohm load configuration you order.So does that mean that a universal BTL won't ever perform quite as up to par as one that isn't universal?Just curious, because I figured if their were no drawbacks then all of the subs would have them.Thanks man for any feedback.I really appreciate it.

I was curious about the universal option offered for the BTLs.I understand that it is so you can change between dual 1 and 2 ohm coils, but what are the drawbacks?I noticed it says that if you don't get the universal option that the motor will be optimized for the ohm load configuration you order.So does that mean that a universal BTL won't ever perform quite as up to par as one that isn't universal?Just curious, because I figured if their were no drawbacks then all of the subs would have them.Thanks man for any feedback.I really appreciate it.

I had an 18" btl fully loaded with the universal option, i really dont think there is any kind of draw back. i am unsure maybe someone else will chime in but i would just get the universal option anyways just incase you decide to add more sub's

GOOD LUCK!!! :fing34:

You will never hear the difference between the two.

It's simply machining tolerances.

Not to beat a dead horse, but can you elaborate on matching tolerances?I'm just curious as to why, if their is no negative affect, why all of the subs wouldn't be made to be universal.Thanks for the quick reply though man.

Not to beat a dead horse, but can you elaborate on matching tolerances?I'm just curious as to why, if their is no negative affect, why all of the subs wouldn't be made to be universal.Thanks for the quick reply though man.

Because a tenth matters on a meter, to the ear it doesn't.

It is just gapping differences on the top plate inner diameter...that bit of steel can matter to a tenth or two on a meter when you are competing. If you need it, then cool. If not the D2 gap is the standard universal gap as the D1 coil is smaller then the D2 on OD.

Thank you, I was curious about this myself. :drink40:

Edited by PHATBOi

so no matter what if you have a d2 btl you can switch it to a d1?