txhouse

How would you do your components?

I am going for a SQ setup and I am going to be doing this in a Dodge ram crew cab.

My question is, would you put one really good set of components up front and leave the rears stock or would you put a good set of components up front and a good set of coaxials in the rear? The price would be pretty much the same.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by txhouse

I am going for a SQ setup and I am going to be doing this in a Dodge ram crew cab.

My question is, would you put one really good set of components up front and leave the rears stock or would you put a good set of components up front and a good set of coaxials in the rear? The price would be pretty much the same.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

You should read around at what other ppl have done for SQ but for that kind of set up it only takes one good set of components and no rear speakers at all.

A real SQ set up probably wouldnt include a set of components and wouldnt have rear door speakers.

Are you doing this for good sound, or for SQ competitions?

A real SQ set up probably wouldnt include a set of components and wouldnt have rear door speakers.

Oh yeah ur gonna want to buy individual drivers and run them active for SQ forgot about that :suicide-santa:

I am doing this for good sound not for sq competitions. I want to run passive as I have never done active and wouldn't even know where to begin.

I am doing this for good sound not for sq competitions. I want to run passive as I have never done active and wouldn't even know where to begin.

Then start with just the components and work from there. It will allow you to tweak and work them to your liking and let you play around as you become more comfortable with the other aspects of the system.

depends on how frequently you have people in the back.

personally, im usually the only person in my truck so the speakers are definitely driver oriented. i would run a really nice (active) set in the front doors only.

in a larger vehicle the rear passengers will be asking you to turn it up if you only have a set of speakers in the front. so if you find yourself riding with 3 or more people on a regular basis (and you care about their opinions) then i would suggest the component/coaxial combo and set the fader a few clicks forward so the front still does most of the work, but the rear coaxials provide something for back seat passengers.