sundownz

Sundown SA-15 Pre-Order

Okay guys -- all the details have been finalized on the SA-15s so we started production today.

ETA is roughly the end of November for these to arrive. As always with a pre-order there is the chance for delays so please keep that in mind -- pre-orders are final and there will be no refunds for delays.

SA-15 Prototype Photos :

SA15%281%29.JPG

SA15%283%29.JPG

Specifications :

FS : 30.9 Hz

Qts : 0.60

Qes : 0.66

Qms : 6.12

VAS : 92.7 L

Mms : 308.4 g

Box Suggestions :

Sealed @ 2.5 cubes (Qtc = 0.888) - F3 of 42 Hz

Ported @ 3.0 cubes tuned to 35 Hz - F3 of 30 Hz

Some Testing :

* 150.1 dB sealed on the dash with ~4200 watts clamped power... did not damage the woofer. This box is not optimal for the SA-15 but still impressive :)

* Free Air Excursion Testing

I shipped the prototype to Russia... so I will post more testing once he gets it.

-----

The SA-15s will come standard with the new spacer / cooling ring design AND the new magnet boot covers like the SA-12s now feature.

Spacer_Logo2.jpg

* Rendering of new spacer / cooling ring -- the tooling is almost done for production... will post real pictures of the ring when it's done.

CIMG4054.JPG

* Magnet Boot Covers

The motor and coil are the same as the SA-10s and 15s that everyone has been enjoying for a while now :)

-----

PRICING ON PRE-ORDER:

Regular Price will be $219 each after pre-order.

Based on prior SA series pre-sales I don't expect these to last much longer if any time at all once they arrive. So if you have been waiting for them get in early.

DUAL-2 and DUAL-4 Coils available !

If you order before September 15th the price will be as follows :

1x SA-15 = $180

2x SA-15 = $170 each

4x or more SA-15 = $160 each

Shipped in continental 48 states cost.

If you order after September 15th until the pre-order is over the price will be as follows :

1x SA-15 = $190

2x SA-15 = $180 each

4x or more SA-15 = $170 each

Shipped in continental 48 states.

All shipping is handled by FedEx or UPS ground -- shipping to HI or AK add $40 each woofer.

Pre-sale in USA only.

To order Paypal me at sundownz@sundownaudio.com

Please include details notes about how many and what coil configuration you are ordering -- also specify it is for the SA-15 Pre-Order !!!

Very nice!

That new cooling ring really adds to the look along with the reliability! These are one serious driver if they are anything close to the SA-12.

Impressive numbers for the enclosure they were measured in. :drink40:

Whats the lowest you recommend tuning these subs?

Whats the lowest you recommend tuning these subs?

I don't see much reason to tune under 35 Hz in vehicle due to transfer function -- but you could tune them down to 20 Hz if you really wanted.

Whats the mounting depth, displacement, outside diameter and cutout diameter? Thanks

Hmmm... good question :) I shipped the prototype to Russia so I'll have to mock up a basket on a motor when I get a chance and measure it all.

What do you estimate the power handling to be?

SA line so will be rated at 600 watts rms.

Jacob I just sent my money for one D2 subwoofer, let me know if you got it (jcarter1885@aol.com). Thanks again

Jacob I just sent my money for one D2 subwoofer, let me know if you got it (jcarter1885@aol.com). Thanks again

Yes, received.

:woot: , its like buying myself an early Christmas present. Thanks for offering the pre-sale man :fing34:

new member really interested by this woofer!!!! was wondering if this has better spl and sq than the fi ssd 15? im running a hifonix 1600d and also i was plannin on making a box at 4 cubes at about 35hz is that way off for this driver? any answers will be appreciated

Normally the SA series is capable of more power in a smaller enclosure is this the same with the 15? My thoughts are 4 15's in about 10-11cu net with approx. 160-165cu" of port @34-35htrz.These would be powered by 2-SAZ-2000D's. I ask this to help make decision on pre-oreder. Thanks

will these have a bolted down spider ring standard or as an option to handle more power? Got the idea from your sa-8 tutorial

Edited by bimmerboy

The larger SA series don't have and don't need a bolted down spider. They have much more glue surface area without really having much more motor power so the strain on the glue is much less.

The larger SA series don't have and don't need a bolted down spider. They have much more glue surface area without really having much more motor power so the strain on the glue is much less.

Aha, makes sense now, thanks

I know this question got asked but I'm wondering what the outside and cutout diameter are?

Whats the mounting depth, displacement, outside diameter and cutout diameter? Thanks

Was this info ever given? Thanks

Moneys sent!!!! No more saying I want some, awaiting the arrival!! WEEEEEEEEEEE!! :slayer:

Moneys sent!!!! No more saying I want some, awaiting the arrival!! WEEEEEEEEEEE!! :slayer:

:woot:

:woot:

You know it!!! As Sir Lancelot has said "getting your game face on" !!

I'm going with a pair as well on the new SAZ-1200D in my new build!

I'm going with a pair as well on the new SAZ-1200D in my new build!

I'm gonna try 2 on a Saz2000, oh with a twin!