icy_chris

upper body bulk up ?

hey i'm trying to bulk up ive just started a 2,500mg anibolic creatine supliment and a 55g protien whey for the work out morning and i'm not to familliar with some good chest and arm exersizes can some one sugest a few good ones to bulk up my upper body ive always had a hard time gaining mass as far as the suppliments go they have helped me get up to 140lbs from 128lbs in 6 days with just basic arm curls sit ups and bench press. anyone know of some other ones to help?

Front raises

Rear raises

Arnold press

Military press

Deadlift

Upright row

Dumbbell flys

Skullcrushers

Dips

plenty more I can't remember at the moment

Lay off the supplements. Seriously, ive tried all of that crap, unless you aren't eating enough protein in your daily diet (which you should be), just hit the gym HARD and eat before AND after each workout. to build mass you will have to get someone to spot you, as you will need to lift heavy weights with less reps.

Best upper body workout is the bench press, incline bench, pushups, bicep curls, hammercurls, tricep pull down, dumbell press... plenty more. Remember to always give your muscles a day or 2 to rest and rebuild before working out again

Edited by bimmerboy

hey i'm trying to bulk up ive just started a 2,500mg anibolic creatine supliment and a 55g protien whey for the work out morning and i'm not to familliar with some good chest and arm exersizes can some one sugest a few good ones to bulk up my upper body ive always had a hard time gaining mass as far as the suppliments go they have helped me get up to 140lbs from 128lbs in 6 days with just basic arm curls sit ups and bench press. anyone know of some other ones to help?

What is that weight after supreme dehydration, then over hydrated and about ready to burst from eating and having to take a shit?

You DID NOT in ANYWAY shape or form gain 12 lbs in 6 days just by some dickin around lifting. It just aint possible. As for the suppliments they are good but again dont pack on 12 lbs in 6 days.

Come up with the truth and get real help. Keep lying and get shit for it and shit advice.

J

Fap to make your forearms bigger.

Need to be on a gainer protein not a whey if it's hard for you to put on weight. Gainers have more calories and more protein per serving. Does anyone ever want to get big ass legs, I guess not lol. I guess its just me, I just wouldn't want to look like Popeye or something. RESEARCH,RESEARCH, you got bodybuilding . com and T-nation. com too. Supplements will help you, just depends on if you work hard enough. Most people expect them to do the work for them, and to do it in a day. If you have patience and actually want to change, youll get it going. Try taking in about 1.5g's of protein for every pound of weight on your body. Once you get that down and steady that should help with your gains.

the problem with the high callorie mixes i have is i am diabetic and with the high calories come the high carbs witch do not fit in my diet :( and as for the 12lbs in 6 days yes i did but i just realized b/c i'm new to this sorry but weighing from moring to night is not accurate sorry for the faulse info.

Need to be on a gainer protein not a whey if it's hard for you to put on weight. Gainers have more calories and more protein per serving. Does anyone ever want to get big ass legs, I guess not lol. I guess its just me, I just wouldn't want to look like Popeye or something. RESEARCH,RESEARCH, you got bodybuilding . com and T-nation. com too. Supplements will help you, just depends on if you work hard enough. Most people expect them to do the work for them, and to do it in a day. If you have patience and actually want to change, youll get it going. Try taking in about 1.5g's of protein for every pound of weight on your body. Once you get that down and steady that should help with your gains.

thanks i will look into those sites

If you're diabetic you need to search a diabetic forum and work with your doctor. 90% of what might apply to someone else will not apply to you.

A huge huge huge part of gaining lots of muscle and size is working the bodies natural insulin, and GH levels. Also managing cortisol plays a roll. For you these natural flows are disturbed by either insulin resistance or the fact you don't produce enough.

You NEED to work with a doctor and pretty much only a doctor. In certain instances with working out and even eating just protein an creatine you might have some spikes or drops in insulin to dangerous levels. Creatine can change how ATP and other sugar levels work in your body. If the doc says it's ok, go for it, but make sure they know. Lots of suplements out there for body building that are legal now only affect one thing and that's nutrient shuttling. AKA helping the good stuff get into the muscles better/faster. Almost all of those will change your insulin/sugar levels, or increase your sensitivity..

You don't want to be in a situation where you might be taking a suplement that will make you hyper sensitive to the insulin that you might need to save you.

While I may be sounding all doom and gloom and it may be over the top to you no one here can have any reasonable clue about your body chemistry. We would all rather you be healthy. No one here can give you any nutrition help unless they have an MD after their name, especially when it comes to how your chemistry might be right after a work out.

As for some real advice stop using a scale to measure weight gain. Just stop. It's not going to help you at your weight. Similar to a fat guy like me weight fluctuations will be exagerated by too many factors. I can change 15 pounds in a day, I'm sure you can change the same percentage that I can in the same amount of time. It doesn't help to know if you are gaining. Get a myo-tape and measure yourself at the same time once a day or once a week. always measure not flexed at the same spot of the muscles you want to watch. This is the one and only way to track real world gains especially when you have a medical condition.

Personally I would say just look in the mirror for you. However if you want hard numbers use size/measurments not weight as it's much more constant and will be more truthful with progress.

Okay seeing the time change THAT I can buy.

I take my weight after my m,w,f morning work out. It gives me consistancy since on those days I have taken in the EXACT same amount of liquid by then and no food.

J

Lay off the supplements. Seriously, ive tried all of that crap, unless you aren't eating enough protein in your daily diet (which you should be), just hit the gym HARD and eat before AND after each workout. to build mass you will have to get someone to spot you, as you will need to lift heavy weights with less reps.

Best upper body workout is the bench press, incline bench, pushups, bicep curls, hammercurls, tricep pull down, dumbell press... plenty more. Remember to always give your muscles a day or 2 to rest and rebuild before working out again

I disagree with this statement in terms of supplements. I workout twice a day, and before getting into lifting hardcore I was a triathlete. I only weight 190, but when I was doing endurance sports I was @ 165-170. Taking supplements such as protein and creatine got me up to 190 while allowing me to keep a bodyfat of 6%. I suggest that you cycle all the supplements you take so your body doesn't get use to them.

As far as workouts,

I do one muscle group per day. You can only do one and not two if you kill it very hard, or you are taking too much time.

For each muscle group I like to do 3 sets, 8-10 reps, 4-5 excersies. I do AB's 5 times a day.

If you're diabetic you need to search a diabetic forum and work with your doctor. 90% of what might apply to someone else will not apply to you.

A huge huge huge part of gaining lots of muscle and size is working the bodies natural insulin, and GH levels. Also managing cortisol plays a roll. For you these natural flows are disturbed by either insulin resistance or the fact you don't produce enough.

You NEED to work with a doctor and pretty much only a doctor. In certain instances with working out and even eating just protein an creatine you might have some spikes or drops in insulin to dangerous levels. Creatine can change how ATP and other sugar levels work in your body. If the doc says it's ok, go for it, but make sure they know. Lots of suplements out there for body building that are legal now only affect one thing and that's nutrient shuttling. AKA helping the good stuff get into the muscles better/faster. Almost all of those will change your insulin/sugar levels, or increase your sensitivity..

You don't want to be in a situation where you might be taking a suplement that will make you hyper sensitive to the insulin that you might need to save you.

While I may be sounding all doom and gloom and it may be over the top to you no one here can have any reasonable clue about your body chemistry. We would all rather you be healthy. No one here can give you any nutrition help unless they have an MD after their name, especially when it comes to how your chemistry might be right after a work out.

As for some real advice stop using a scale to measure weight gain. Just stop. It's not going to help you at your weight. Similar to a fat guy like me weight fluctuations will be exagerated by too many factors. I can change 15 pounds in a day, I'm sure you can change the same percentage that I can in the same amount of time. It doesn't help to know if you are gaining. Get a myo-tape and measure yourself at the same time once a day or once a week. always measure not flexed at the same spot of the muscles you want to watch. This is the one and only way to track real world gains especially when you have a medical condition.

Personally I would say just look in the mirror for you. However if you want hard numbers use size/measurments not weight as it's much more constant and will be more truthful with progress.

thanks i will talk to my doc. i never realized that when i went and got the supliments b/c the guy i talked to said they would be fine but i think he was just saying that to sell them and i will stop with the scale for a while and try mesuring at set times thanks for the information it was very helpfull

Sorry for the old thread revival but one thing I want to add.

Diet. Watch it. Shit food=shit resualts. HEALTHY food=GREAT results.

This includes drinks. I drink water 90% of the time. Sunday is my 'cheat' day and thats beacuse its my day to sleep in, and I usually dont make the DFAC till dinner. Thats when I eat as I please.

J