Tirefryr

Anyone into Yoga?

So I'm looking to change my lifestyle around on a physical and mental level, and I sold my usual mode of stress relief. I've spoken to many people who really enjoy yoga, but I don't know if it's right for me, so I'm just looking to get some opinions before investing any time in it.

.....Are you serious? I'm serious if you are. I took yoga classes for a few years from my martial arts instructor. It's really tough if you want to make it, but it's amazingly simple at the same time. I used in in aikido mostly to strengthen and stretch my forearms.

I need some relaxation techniques and I am always tense, so I thought, what better than this?

I need some relaxation techniques and I am always tense, so I thought, what better than this?

Xanax? lol

In highschool we did Yoga for a couple weeks, it's intense!

Xanax? lol

Was on that about 8 years ago. I don't like pills and I see medicine as an excuse to be lazy and take care of yourself.

Xanax? lol

Was on that about 8 years ago. I don't like pills and I see medicine as an excuse to be lazy and take care of yourself.

Marijuana? haha, Prop 19!

I would take some classes. At worst it will increase your range of motion.

Done it before as 'PT' with my last unit. It definatly increases range of motion and is VERY relaxing. Expect to be sore until your body becomes used to it.

Girls in yoga pants are a HUGE bonus too.

J

Done it before as 'PT' with my last unit. It definatly increases range of motion and is VERY relaxing. Expect to be sore until your body becomes used to it.

Girls in yoga pants are a HUGE bonus too.

J

:werd_msword:

Yoga is relaxing for sure, but I prefer meditation through disipline (martial arts). Helps focus things for me better.

Yoga is relaxing for sure, but I prefer meditation through disipline (martial arts). Helps focus things for me better.

YOu know, I tried kempo-jutso for several months about 10 years ago, but just could not get into it.

Xanax? lol

Too much of the time, x2.

YOu know, I tried kempo-jutso for several months about 10 years ago, but just could not get into it.

Well don't give up, there are many disiplines and forms out there that are very good. Only you will know what works for you and what you like.

I do like martial arts more...... I was in a few various schools over a course of 10 years.

It's a good time, and can really help you focus...

In truth though I think anything that is physical and intense that will physically drain you hard will help you to relax if you focus while doing it. Yoga has the benefit of helping joints and increasing range of motion etc. Lifting weights will strengthen your body. Martial arts will help you to defend youself. Attitude will really make the difference on how well it helps to relax.

Something that might be fun for you is tai chi. It's a really interesting form that is pretty well rounded for stretching, strength, and helps you to controll your body internally. It's als something that you can take with you into the later years of your life.

I have been thinking about trying yoga for the same reason. Life seems to get me pretty wound up sometimes, and I was thinking of the calming factor. (the yoga girls are a bonus)

Otherwise good diet and exercise will always help the natural dopamines.

I aslo smoke medical Marijuana, and will add that some strains will make your anxiety worse.

I took a few yoga classed in college, along with kickboxing. I would really like to get back into both.

Two main things attract me to yoga

Females and more flexability.

Problems are time, availability of classes here and protein farts.

J