CrazyKenKid

the death of NS v1

So today was a fun day! I kill both of my NS v1 15inch subs by plugging them into a wall socket! (good times) and i took some video's!

at any rate it took each sub like 5 minutes plus on a wall socket 120volts at 1ohm (d2 subs) so about 14.4kw of power (via ohms law)

and yes i did this b/c i am getting them reconed to 12inch subs! so with out further a-do here are some short video's! these buts were tanks!!! i am going to miss them and they will be reborn as 12's lol!!

death of 2-15inch NS v1 :: MVI_1551.mp4 video by CcCrazy - Photobucket

death of 2-15inch NS v1 :: MVI_1557.mp4 video by CcCrazy - Photobucket

death of 2-15inch NS v1 :: MVI_1556.mp4 video by CcCrazy - Photobucket

i was sad to do that to them...

hell i couldn't belive they took that much power to murder!!! nearly 15kw lol stupid amount of power just a stupid amount!!! and they still put up a damn fight!

lol the crocs weren't me! those were my little brothers!

oh so you were the one with the rip in your pants right below your crotch? :ehh: haha

no that was Derek he was the guy who supplied the sub to wall socket plug loll

you can't see me! i was the one filming! lol!

during the murdering we tossed bottle caps at it and other small objects and watched them bounce off!! i got another video but it is on a cell phone of the stuff bouncing off of it i will see about getting it!

ya crocs=gay.......... i watched the vids b4 i read the post and thru each one i kept thinking "what the hell r these fucktards doing" and "what kinda dipshit would do this?"......but after reading i guess i understand..... 1 ? tho.. honestly, why are you going from 15's to 12's? you must be a SQ guy considering the box and loss of cone area

ya crocs are and i dont' know why my little dip shit brother was wearing them for!

and no i killed 2-15inch NS v1's lol and i am getting them both reconed to 12's

i am doing this b/c well lets face it 2-15inch subs in a grand am wasnt' working out so well hell i got 147db's with 2-15inch subs on 5k.

the box was tiny nearly 2.5cubic per sub and ya! the 12's will work out much nicer!

here take a look at hte new box design

image001.png

i used to be an SQ kind a guy with 2-12inch v4 mags from SI (stereo integrity) subs and zapco mids and highs,

but once i got a taste for spl i never went back! and right now i am banking on the 12's being louder then the 15's b/c the 12's will be ideal in small car!

(fingers crossed lol)

It's always nice to change things up every now and again too!! good luck brother :drink40:

oh so you were the one with the rip in your pants right below your crotch? :ehh: haha

haha..... sorry i didnt know the crotch was ripped on my shorts

im sure they woulda lasted longer if we left the dustcaps on them

the coil came off the former before the coil "burnt" or discolored they were still the golding copper color after 5 min of wall socket power!

why are you going from 15's to 12's? you must be a SQ guy considering the box and loss of cone area

That statement really makes no sense.

It really doesn't but I know what he was asking

why are you going from 15's to 12's? you must be a SQ guy considering the box and loss of cone area

That is a complete myth.

that statement was a statement that i used to believe which is PART of the reason why i went with 2-15inch subs in the first place!

BUT when i get my 2-12's i plan to prove that wrong by getting over 147db's! (which the 2-15inch subs couldn't do in my car due to lack of space)

see that everyone learns something new everyday! and some times i learn 2-5news things a day! i guess i got a lot of catching up to do :)