Drek75633

Audio Wrap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHev71mVDWE

Audiowrap is obviously a high quality product from my personal experience with it. Enough said.

The adhesion on it is superior to almost all other sound deadners I have used. It's very sticky and has no odor to it. Other products I have used had a uneven layer of adhesive while this product has a nice even thick coat for superior adhesion.

The deadening material itself is thick. It's nice and stiff so it's easier to work with. It won't fold over and stick to itself while you are removing the plastic film for install. My fingers got cut up pretty good from installing this product. Which means it won't fold under pressure and once again. It's thick.

I noticed a difference just from installing a single roll inside my car and I would like to purchase some more of this fine product very soon.

All and all. Drek gives AudioWrap a thumbs up.

Effective & Ease of use.

1st, I moved this to product reviews as it appears more of a review than a discussion topic.

2nd, your link doesn't work.

Here we go again.

Don, I see you lurking. What's your insight lol.

I'm not the reviewer guy anymore - I bite my tongue a lot more now. (and lurk).

If it's anything like their other products it is a very good product!

https://store.protec...m/products.aspx

http://audiowrap.com/

I should say their "Home Bulding Products" are good.

After reading through the descriptions It may just be a band wagon style product with no real benefit.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=lHev71mVDWE

Audiowrap is obviously a high quality product from my personal experience with it. Enough said.

The adhesion on it is superior to almost all other sound deadners I have used. It's very sticky and has no odor to it. Other products I have used had a uneven layer of adhesive while this product has a nice even thick coat for superior adhesion.

The deadening material itself is thick. It's nice and stiff so it's easier to work with. It won't fold over and stick to itself while you are removing the plastic film for install. My fingers got cut up pretty good from installing this product. Which means it won't fold under pressure and once again. It's thick.

I noticed a difference just from installing a single roll inside my car and I would like to purchase some more of this fine product very soon.

Effective & Ease of use.

just so you know, adhesion has asolutely no direct benefit to sound deadening. so long as the product sticks to where it's been applied, more adhesive doesn't help you sound deaden your vehicle

AX

Effective & Ease of use.

just so you know, adhesion has asolutely no direct benefit to sound deadening. so long as the product sticks to where it's been applied, more adhesive doesn't help you sound deaden your vehicle

AX

I said that about the adhesion because when I stick something somewhere I like it to stay.

Effective & Ease of use.

AX

I said that about the adhesion because when I stick something somewhere I like it to stay.

That's certainly a requirement, but it's a very low standard to meet. You are right to point out that it can't always be assumed to be the case for products sold for this purpose. Once we pass that minimum threshold, the formulation of the adhesive becomes critical. "Butyl" covers a very wide range of materials Just being butyl based does not mean the adhesive was designed for vibration damping. The performance difference between an adhesive designed for vibration damping and those designed for other purposes is huge. Most butyl compounds intended for construction perform no better than asphalt, except that they will stick and are unlikely to fail when exposed to heat. I don't know anything about the adhesive used in this product except what I've seen in their previous products, so I'm not assuming anything. Just that "sticking" tells us nothing and should be expected.

Effective & Ease of use.

AX

That's certainly a requirement, but it's a very low standard to meet. You are right to point out that it can't always be assumed to be the case for products sold for this purpose. Once we pass that minimum threshold, the formulation of the adhesive becomes critical. "Butyl" covers a very wide range of materials Just being butyl based does not mean the adhesive was designed for vibration damping. The performance difference between an adhesive designed for vibration damping and those designed for other purposes is huge. Most butyl compounds intended for construction perform no better than asphalt, except that they will stick and are unlikely to fail when exposed to heat. I don't know anything about the adhesive used in this product except what I've seen in their previous products, so I'm not assuming anything. Just that "sticking" tells us nothing and should be expected.

^^^^ This is why I stick with SDS products! Knowledge!