rizzo30

Recone Kits For RE SE and SEX 12 Inch Woofers

Can you guys build recone kits for the RE Audio SE and SEX 12 inch subs? Maybe US Amps has the recone kits, but I do not like their subs since they were not the same ever since they were sold to US Amps. I am trying to say that lightly without bashing other companies.

yes they do have re cone kits for the Re audio SE, when you visit Fi website look for re-cone section on the left side of the page click on it, next you will have 3 options to choose from look at the middle option where it says senoc-er.retho(which is backwards for other recones) after you click on that your gonna look for enoceR-ES-ER(which is the recone kit for the RE Se) and all the options you can choose including basket type 12spoke for the older Se subs or 4spoke for the SEx sub. Hope that helps

yes they do have re cone kits for the Re audio SE, when you visit Fi website look for re-cone section on the left side of the page click on it, next you will have 3 options to choose from look at the middle option where it says senoc-er.retho(which is backwards for other recones) after you click on that your gonna look for enoceR-ES-ER(which is the recone kit for the RE Se) and all the options you can choose including basket type 12spoke for the older Se subs or 4spoke for the SEx sub. Hope that helps

Thanks for the reply. I have three RE Audio 12 inch SEX series subs and one RE Audio SE 12 inch sub. One of them completely blew (spider even smoked lol ) and the rest either have a dead coil or broken voice coil leads. I don't really mean to bash a company or anything but they just didn't seem to be the same as the older RE Audio. I was thinking of just throwing these things away but maybe they are worth something if I can recone them as FI subs.

The SEx's don't use a 4 spoke basket, so not entirely sure the 4 spoke recone would work for them. Your better off waiting for nick or scott to reply or emailing them about the SEx's.

The SEx's don't use a 4 spoke basket, so not entirely sure the 4 spoke recone would work for them. Your better off waiting for nick or scott to reply or emailing them about the SEx's.

Yeah, I will probablly do that. Its not too big of a hurry right now since I was actually thinking about throwing these subs away. Its kind of just a thought right now because I figured that maybe they would be worth something if I could get them reconed.

Yeah, I will probablly do that. Its not too big of a hurry right now since I was actually thinking about throwing these subs away. Its kind of just a thought right now because I figured that maybe they would be worth something if I could get them reconed.

oh sorry looked like from the pics of the SEx it was a 4 spoke

Edited by PT3005

oh sorry looked like from the pics of the SEx it was a 4 spoke

Do they have pictures of what these recone kits look like? When I view them it just shows up as a white box so I was kind of wondering. I am running Firefox 3.5.2 while the same thing happens on Internet Explorer 8.

I believe you won't really be able to see the difference between a 12 spoke recone and a 4 spoke recone with the naked eye. The difference between the two come in the spacing needed for the basket, ie spider landing height from the motor, spider width( not sure if the widths are the same 12 spoke to 4 spoke), etc.

Google a site called **** or something like that. The guy used to work for RE and can build you anything you can dream up just email him and he will give you a quote. I got 2 ssa icon's reconed to take 2k rms each and it was 275 shipped....

Google a site called **** or something like that. The guy used to work for RE and can build you anything you can dream up just email him and he will give you a quote. I got 2 ssa icon's reconed to take 2k rms each and it was 275 shipped....

Any idiot can glue a bunch of spiders together and make something mechanically take 2kw...

Regardless, that motor design and platform isn't made for it.

...buy a 2000 watt speaker if you want one...it's like putting different suspension on a kia rio to go road racing..ok cool you can cut a corner now..but it's still a kia rio...it was never intended for road racing.

If you want to go road racing, you buy a car to go road racing with..but that's the difference in somebody trying to make a buck and will do whatever you want regardless of how stupid it is, and one who really understands what is going on...we have reasons why we won't do stuff like that.

To the OP:

We can make recones for them, However I don't know the height difference or anything on that basket. The motors and soft parts are the same, but setting things up for a recone off of a basket that we do not have is pretty difficult...

We may get you to send one of the SEx's in so we can measure.

:mrspam:

Edited by Aaron Clinton

Rofl. Sex woofer ftmfw.

Re = shemale love