DylanH

1 18 vs 2 15's

I'm looking to get either 1 18 or 2 15's. I know most of you are going to say 2 15's!!!! But I don't want to spend too much money, ($500) Right now I'm looking at 2 15" Planet Audio Big Bangs, I don't remember the model number but they say 1500 rms a piece. Or i'm looking at like a DC Level 5, Nightshade, or a BTL all 18" I have 3k and 6 cubic feet to play with. What do you guys suggest.

I'm open to new ideas too. but thats my power, budget, and room

What are your goals, is that 6ft^3 before or after sub/port/bracing displacement?

Its around 6-6.5 cubic feet after displacement and bracing. My goal is to be loud and move a hell of alot of air, or should i look into doing a bunch of cheap subs in a sealed box

I think the deciding factor is room for the enclosure. 6 - 6.5 after displacements...............TOUGH CALL!!! That's a really good net vol. For an 18" sub. Now two 15's w/ 3.25^3 per MAX........with the right amount of power, yes, I see possibilities there.

For me, I'm gonna say......................F**K IT go w/ two 15's. If you don't like it then sell em and switch

The single 18" may be the cheapest solution. But you have 3000 watts rms to use !

Your box is already built ?

if you have to build the box you can do a single 15" in an optimum box. That can leave room in your trunk for amps, batts,air flow.. .

18" or 15", go for the single sub setup. But be sure to buy a strong and powerful sub.

:captain:

The box isn't built yet but I built a few mock ups and done alot of calculating and I found that is the maximum cubic feet I have, and why do you say a single sub set up? And what subs can take a real beating all day every day on 3k?

(2) 15 BTLs dont mess around its the right choice....especially if your using the cone area theory

Edited by justinharry1

Okay, I'm looking to do a hairtrick, its an extended cab ranger so it shouldn't be as hard should it? I want to buy a system and keep it for more than like 6 months lol

The box isn't built yet but I built a few mock ups and done alot of calculating and I found that is the maximum cubic feet I have, and why do you say a single sub set up? And what subs can take a real beating all day every day on 3k?

I can think of one that will eat 3k and be starving for more ;) lol

I second what Justin said... if you have the cash and space.

Remember, it takes power to make power

Yes, I have the electrical covered, but what about getting 6 cheapo 15's and putting them in a sealed box? Would this provide a hairtrick because of so much cone area? Or will it just sound like garbage because they are cheap powerbass 15's from sonic electronixs

why buy brand new? for $500 on this and other forums you could get quality non abbused subs at a good price just gotta look around and or put the word out in the for sale threads

SMD's can take 3000+.......................CLEAN!

I got 1 but planning to get another along w/ a hatchback of some sort. But yeah, 2 15" SMD'$ would be perf