Sign in to follow this  
thecartel

SA-18?

Something to think about. Sa's are doing real good. No reason a 18" wouldn't do the same.

1000 watt line? there is going to be another line out between the sa's and the z's?

1000 watt line? there is going to be another line out between the sa's and the z's?

Yep.

I don't have an ETA yet... but I've designed the motor and tested it.

It is essentially a 3" coil version of the SA motor with a wider magnet and a shorting ring.

It performs pretty much right on par with the SA line except with higher power handling... so imagine the SA series with how tough they are but with a 3" coil :)

well just let me know when I can start work. With all this going on Brandon going to need some help. And I forgot to let you know I traded 1 of my Nightshades for 3 Sa-12 d2(not a bad deal :peepwall: ). So I'll be hitting your e-mail about going 1 more. Should be Monday depend on the how bad the kids school list is today when they get home lol.

Any leaks on the name of the 1000 watt line Jacob?

Once I figure out what it is *laughs*

Was thinking about finally bringing out an "X" line -- I worked on some prototypes several years back under the X12 name.

Our 1000-watt line will have 18s, though.

that sounds delicious

Once I figure out what it is *laughs*

Was thinking about finally bringing out an "X" line -- I worked on some prototypes several years back under the X12 name.

Still an emphasis on SQ first but still be able to do some serious spl #'s?

Right... it is literally the same geometry as an SA motor... same top plate, back plate, magnet, and coil height so linear stroke is identical... just a wider magnet, an added shorting ring, and a 3" coil (of course spider has to be bigger and whatnot to support that).

Wow these sound like monsters!

Cannot wait!

Guess I will have to retire the IA DR 18" :peepwall:

Sign in to follow this