Sign in to follow this  
altoncustomtech

Vincennes University's Annual Car Show and Cruise In

COME ONE, COME ALL!!

On Saturday November 6th Vincennes University will be hosting it's annual car show and cruise in at Vincennes, Indiana. ALL vehicles are welcome to attend and enter the car show competition. Low Riders, Jacked up 4x4's, Mini Trucks, Hot Rods, Muscle Cars, Classics, daily ground pounders, SQ cars, SPL vehicles, etc. They'll have trophies for almost anything that can be judged. I've been in contact with the event coordinator who also said that if we can get a TL or some SPL meter at the event they'd love to have it and would adjust prizes, judging and whatnot accordingly for anyone wanting to compete.

I'm tossing the notice up early in hopes of arranging someone from somewhere with a meter. The first show a few years ago had ~30 cars, last years show hosted ~100 and the turnout for this year is expected to be at least that good again. There's quite a few car audio vehicles showing up to this event and I'm sure if a meter was there even more would show up.

So, if you're close enough and free please come on over!

man i might aswell move to indiana! I will be there next weekend for the low rider show! I will also attend this show also! :drink40:

Holy crap dude. You're on the other side of Detroit. That's a long haul to attend a car show, but we'll be glad to have ya down. :D

yeah its not bad. anything to get away from here to be honest!!! I love to come kick it with my IAK family anyways! :drink40:

Whew!

I don't have the drive that Hove has but, it's still almost a 2 hour cruise one way for me.

I'll have to see if I can make it out for the show when the time gets closer.

VINCENNES?!? I have relatives in Vincennes.. Is Record Cellar involved? I might just have to arrange a visit.

Yes, Vincennes. Record Cellar IS NOT involved past the fact that I'm sure a few of the guys who work there attending the show. Which I dunno about you but the less anyone has to deal with Rick and his bullcrap from that place the better.

Chop, it'll be awesome if you make it down bro. The response from others is good as well, maybe we can bring some life to this little event. I'd love to see other forum members sporting non mainstream brands come in and show these hicks what forward thinking innovation really is, lol.

All kidding aside, the more forum members that can show up the better. Word about the SSA forum, community and store needs spread far and wide. No better way to do that than to represent at a gathering of gear heads. This is easily one of the best forums I've found and there's PLENTY of people out there who could benefit from the advice and experience available here, especially around these parts.

its only like and hr and a half from indy.

Might be interesting.

But shit its gonna be cold by the time nov gets here.

its only like and hr and a half from indy.

Might be interesting.

But shit its gonna be cold by the time nov gets here.

There are some interesting cars every year. One of the things that helps is that there's a fresh batch of students coming in all the time and some of them have some pretty incredible cars. At a show a few years ago a guy took me for a ride in his very well modded WRX and it was a blast. First time I've ever ridden in an all wheel drive car that felt like it was on ice when it took off with all 4 tires spinning. Then there was the kid with an S10 that had bucket seats and the most insane fiberglass enclosure I've ever seen with 3 15" Rockford subs molded into it pointing different directions. He drove around with his arm resting on the magnet all the time. So, yeah, there's some pretty interesting cars and always something fun going on. If you're available you should definitely come on down, and yeah it will be a little cool but it shouldn't be too bad that early in November.

COME ONE, COME ALL!!

On Saturday November 6th Vincennes University will be hosting it's annual car show and cruise in at Vincennes, Indiana. ALL vehicles are welcome to attend and enter the car show competition. Low Riders, Jacked up 4x4's, Mini Trucks, Hot Rods, Muscle Cars, Classics, daily ground pounders, SQ cars, SPL vehicles, etc. They'll have trophies for almost anything that can be judged. I've been in contact with the event coordinator who also said that if we can get a TL or some SPL meter at the event they'd love to have it and would adjust prizes, judging and whatnot accordingly for anyone wanting to compete.

I'm tossing the notice up early in hopes of arranging someone from somewhere with a meter. The first show a few years ago had ~30 cars, last years show hosted ~100 and the turnout for this year is expected to be at least that good again. There's quite a few car audio vehicles showing up to this event and I'm sure if a meter was there even more would show up.

hey Alton, Regina and I are going down to buy a meter from Shizzzon this weekend......

chop

depending on the time and if i have to work or not i might actually come to this lol

COME ONE, COME ALL!!

hey Alton, Regina and I are going down to buy a meter from Shizzzon this weekend......

chop

Hell yeah, that will be too sweet. Too bad I'm so far out of the way between Indy and Louisville, would love to meet you guys.

depending on the time and if i have to work or not i might actually come to this lol

It will be going on pretty much all day, signup starts at 9am and the judging for the show and prizes will start around 10am and prizes to be handed out around 1pm but everyone hangs around there almost all day long cuz cars are always coming in late just to attend instead of being judged.

there should be a walled off cutlass lifted up on 22"s there...i heard the paint is just stupid wet too!

chop

Lookin' forward to it brother, lookin' forward to it.

Figured this needs posted.

The address for the location where the show is held won't come up on Yahoo or Google maps for some reason they default off to another address. That address however, is right on the corner next to the parking lot where the show is taking place so that's alright. If you use this address: 1400 Chestnut St., Vincennes, IN (47591) it will take you right where you need to be, you'll see the show AND the parking lot right off to the left at that intersection. Just an FYI for those interested in coming by.

Giving this a bump.

Show is in a couple of weeks now, it looks like there's going to several people driving in for this, one person may even be driving about 8 hrs to come in.

Since it's going to be a long haul for a few the wife and I decided that it would be unkind for everyone to show up and then just take off without showing any other hospitality. So we're inviting anyone who attends over to the house for some grillin' out, bon-fire, and whatever silly nonsense that may accompany that many car audio nuts and gear heads getting together in one place out in the middle of nowhere where the noise won't bother anyone but the deer, coyotes and whatever else happens to be in earshot.

:drink40:

that is super cool...... we will be looking at hotel rooms, so we can come out the night before....

text me a good area to look in....please and thank you....

should we bring some grub or is there a store close by to pick up some stuff for the cookout?

we will have our gilrs with us, is this cool? 11 and 14.....

did you find a mic for the show.... we could not get one yet due to low funds.

not sure i will bring the cutlass, but the durango will be there.

that is super cool...... we will be looking at hotel rooms, so we can come out the night before....

text me a good area to look in....please and thank you....

should we bring some grub or is there a store close by to pick up some stuff for the cookout?

we will have our gilrs with us, is this cool? 11 and 14.....

did you find a mic for the show.... we could not get one yet due to low funds.

not sure i will bring the cutlass, but the durango will be there.

There's a brand new Holiday Inn Express right as you come into Vincennes off of HWY 41... I'll text you the address asap...

There's plenty of stores, Jay-C's, Wally World, etc. it 's up to you if you wanna bring anything extra.

BY ALL MEANS BRING THE GIRLS!!! My daughter will be 12 later this month, she'll enjoy the company!!!!! With her 3 brothers she doesn't get much girly playtime.

Afraid I wasn't able to find a meter, so it looks like we'll just be jammin' for the show off fun of doing it.

I was looking forward to seeing the cutty in person, but I understand as well if you're unable to bring it, I'm just glad you're all making it down!!

Bumpity for the show is on TOMORROW!!! :dancing:

I'm looking forward to hanging out with whoever can show up, while it may be a little chilly, it should be quite a bit of fun!

Hope all goes well!!!!!!!

J

Thanks man, it was a blast.... Here's just a touch of everything that was there. I'll have a DVD of the entire show in a few days, I'll post more pics and some vids then.

1106001055.jpg

1106001055a.jpg

This was one of only two cars there with systems. The competition would have been mine.... If there was one, lol.

1106001056.jpg

1106001056a.jpg

1106001058.jpg

1106001059.jpg

1106001201.jpg

1106001201a.jpg

1106001325.jpg

1106001325a.jpg

1106001325b.jpg

1106001325c.jpg

1106001325d.jpg

1106001326.jpg

1106001057.jpg

Sweet!! Looks like it was fun.:D Definetly some Chevy love going on around there.