porkchop

Chop's new build log

1991 Chevy Caprice Classic

305 V8 w/ 125k on it

very basic ride, for now.

i plan on tracking the build with plenty of pics in the upcoming months.

in short, plans are a ho alt, upgraded battery under hood, big 3 electrical upgrade, (brands?)

power wire will likely be dual runs of 0/2 gauge, additional battery in trunk....

7" fold out head unit, (brand?), upgraded speakers in front doors w/ amp, (brand?).....

wall behind seats, not completly to b pillar though, for ride comfort of partially reclined seat....

sound deadening up front for sure....

5" gorilla lift kit ..... not sure wheel tire package will change for a while.... 22" likely

car will be two toned in primer... black over grey.... airbrushed IAK mural on hood and trunk....

upgraded to a carb, new headers, dual exhuast

a percentage of this work is currently being or already has been scheduled / ordered.

i am rather confident in the amps being from Sundown.....

the sub stage is still being determined...

treo ssx 18"s... shocker sig 18"s .... NS 18"s ..... DC lvl 5 18"s ...... crossfire sx 18"s ??????

soooo many options, it will most likely come down to best deal available at that time...

currently, i find i like lower tunning and have a real easy 17 cubes to start with......

i will update often shortly after labor day weekend is over and out of the way.

input is welcome on aany of it!

downsized_0701001859.jpg

downsized_0701001902.jpg

downsized_0701001903a.jpg

I like, I like :drink40:

:popcorn:

Look forward to seeing this build Chop.

treo ssx 18"s... shocker sig 18"s .... NS 18"s ..... DC lvl 5 18"s ...... crossfire sx 18"s ??????

soooo many options, it will most likely come down to best deal available at that time...

currently, i find i like lower tunning and have a real easy 17 cubes to start with......

XCONS!!!! 3~12's or 2~15's or 18's :woot:

XCONS!!!! 3~12's or 2~15's or 18's :woot:

I vote xcons also!!

I like the 3 12's option, but like the number I'm odd as well so it may be best not to pay any attention to me.... :P

XCON's would be excellent to see in there. Aside from their already great repertoire I'd love to listen to some in person. :D:drink40:

thanks for all the input.... for real, you all are great!

let's see, only update for now is ......

i have a little better idea of when my money will be ready, so we have about two weeks to be getting ready.

i have four days offthis weekend, so i will be tearing out the rear of the car..... then we can get some solid numbers....

i have walked away from the trunk idea..... we have decided to wall it for sure.

i need t talk to a few folks about some team-ship.... looking at pricing as well as support.... no more pap, sorry, i feel obligated here, due to this great privilage extended to me (IAK)

i have a feeling this budget is going to raise before the car does.... i mean i might hold off on the lift and other cosmetics for now..... i would like to do a little bit of a hair trick.... it will take some cash seeing how i keep my head shaved!!!!

ttul

chop

Chop my homeboy, please dont lift that car all donked out. lowered on bags and 22s is the way to go!!

the 6 inch lift would not donk it out.....

i would link a pic of planned look...

bags with good air managment is twice the cost

but.....

all that is old news all ready

now we are moving to a whole new level

i am putting together something that you will like even more now ....

i think everyone will!

okay..... you guys want to see xcons...hmmmmm

okay !

easy enough, huh!

stay tuned for 4 xcons walled in a caprice with two 3500's to let em' sing!!!!

now are we in the right direction!!!

IAK !!!

as this build shapes up...... i will look forward to sharing pics with ya..... for sure bro!

thx

chop

as this build shapes up...... i will look forward to sharing pics with ya..... for sure bro!

thx

chop

Looking foward to seeing your progress pictures chop.

How easy is it to retrofit a carb on that beast? Do you have to get the ECU reprogrammed?

XCONS FTW.

I can't wait to see this get started :popcorn: Papa chop is gonna be doing some serious damage :drink40: IAK!!!!

How easy is it to retrofit a carb on that beast? Do you have to get the ECU reprogrammed?

XCONS FTW.

at my skill level.... it is moderate..... there is plenty of room for me to get in there.... that is usually my hold back, sorta got big paws.

not sure exactly what is involved, there is many sites w/ the info to do it... just a matter of when i get ready, hit the web, sorta how we approach alot of it...

i will do the performance part of the build.... but the wheel and tires, suspesion mods, andpaint will be on hold. ( this will be an obvious second, when i share my full plans)

have you looked at the bigger motors w/ the upgraded intakes and etc. ? i have seen some of these 350s in the wagons pulling a easy 13/14 sec. ! that is a 2 ton bullett bro!

our old 85 buick regal had a 455 rocket bored over 30 in it, turbo tranny, 3" exhaust, 411 rear end.... higher end carb( cannot remeber name) completly upgraded throughout...

would love to be that fast again..... lol, we sold it because gas was going up to $1.50 a gallon and seemed like it might even be higher!!! lol .......... not really , sorta brings a tear...

My boy Chop has got some bad ass plans I see! Nice clean ride to start with too! This is going to be saweeeet! :woot:

Ya dude. Xcons to rep for sure. :fing34:

with any build, there is always a extra sense of pride when others are 'un-familiar' with a product you are using.... the wow factor increases from the very start.

i watched hundreds of people drag thier friends toward the xcon install, giving them a very rushed and excited review of thier demo of just moments before....

the deeper, rich qaulity of the sound and the power in wich it was delivered, leaves them in awe at the 1500 watts of whoopass being laid down on the sheet metal !

this was a single sub, i plan on multiplying it by four and increaseing the power as well!!!!!

chop

funny how plans change............

there might be a different direction in the air......

will report back in a week or so.

chop