Noticed one of my 40 amp fuses on my 1500d is fuzzy looking on the left inside part of it. I'm not trying to damage anything, so I'm wondering what's the proper way to remove a fuse without causing anything else to break?

Thanks, Nick

Describe "fuzzy looking" a bit more.

Remove power from the amplifier and just pull the fuse out.

It's not noon either :P

Lol on my dumb iPhone, meant noob, ended up posting and couldn't edit. But like the left part of it isn't clear hen I shine a light through it, it's like blurry/fuzzy white/silver colored. What do u mean remove power form?

Basically the other three look different then this one. Which leads me to believe this is the issue causing my amp to not turn on when properly installed

It might be blown at the "fuzzy" part then. Remove the Battery+ from the amplifier and remove the fuse in question.

K I'll do that, hope your talking bout the power wire input itself on the amp....

Yes, the 12 v wire connected to the amplifier.

Actually I'd disconnect the negative from the battery terminal or remove the inline fuse next to the battery for the power wire. If you still have a live power wire and try to plug it back into the amplifier and accidentally touch the case of the amp, you can blow the amp.

I wouldn't bother removing anything. Just pull the fuse out. It's not going to hurt anything.

I removed it from my car completely. I ended up need pliers to remove the fuse, when it did come out the silver part of it was cracked so I think I did something wrong. But I'm not 100% sure if it was blown in the first place. I have a question though, could I actually blow a fuse by turning my amp on and off through my headunits setting? Because there is no other reason I can think of as to why one fuse would blow in the first place (being properly installed)....

I wouldn't bother removing anything. Just pull the fuse out. It's not going to hurt anything.

^ This

never herd of disconnecting power or ground to change a fuse before.

I'm just wondering if I could blow a fuse on my amp by turning it on and off through my headunit. I myself have never heard of this to cause a fuse to blow on an amp before.

I'm just wondering if I could blow a fuse on my amp by turning it on and off through my headunit. I myself have never heard of this to cause a fuse to blow on an amp before.

i highly doubt it. you have to realize that a fuse is a 2 cent part made in extremely large quantities. occasionally one leaves the factory that might not be 100% up to spec. the coloration may be off, the element may have a crack in it, etc.

inspect it, test it, and if it is defective replace it.

Edited by ScottXGTR

Yup. It could do anything, any time.

Yea but would it work for 3 months properly then just blow randomly?

entirely possible. its not the space shuttle. its a small piece of metal covered with some plastic.

the "inspect" part is what you need to do it you blew only one fuse. did it blow as in too much current and melted? or did it fail as in the metal simply cracked, possibly from vibration or improper installation or handling.

Oh yeah, don't need to remove anything. I saw the pose about removing the power wire and the reply about which one and just replied to that, totally forgetting the original reason. Don't need to remove the power wire just for a fuse on the amp.

The fuse has been out since this morning. Took pliers to actually get it removed. When it was removed it(metal piece) cracked so I believe i cracked it when i removed it. I'm not sure whether it was blown or not. Guess we'll see when i get a new fuse in their.

Edited by nick9892