onebadmonte

R/C Monster Truck

Here are some pics of my Wheely King Monster Truck.

DSC02132.jpg

I'm running the stock electronics. I've got a crawler conversion in it.

DSC02125.jpg

Most noticeable are the Juggernaut rims and tires. I narrowed the rims by cutting the inner bead mount of the rim, reversed it and slipped it back over the rim shell. This also gave me the clearance needed around the knuckle.

DSC02127.jpg

I opted to leave the steering stock for a more scale appearance.

DSC02130.jpg

I working on some adapters to mount the wheels.

DSC02131.jpg

Let me know what you think. :)

Looks pretty sick. i have a pretty modded tmax big block. Your is much cooler though.

Nice. I used to be into R/C cars too. A little expensive for me right now though....

IMAGE_061.jpg

IMAGE_053.jpg

ctmpphp0gPZvF.jpg

Looks pretty sick. i have a pretty modded tmax big block. Your is much cooler though.

This thing is more show than go. It's got some grunt for pulling and climbing, but just enough speed for a little air and wheelies. Anything more and I'd be buying parts left and right.

Nice. I used to be into R/C cars too. A little expensive for me right now though....

You're preaching to the choir on that one brother. Before you know it you're telling yourself: "What have I done." :) BTW noice ride. I dabble with the on-road stuff as well.

Looks AWESOME bro !!! I bet its really fun to watch !!! :fing34:

Looks AWESOME bro !!! I bet its really fun to watch !!! :fing34:

Thanks. We don't get that many monster truck shows here in San Antonio, so I've got to improvise. :P

Looks awesome! :drink40: Would be a fun hobby to get into, but like previously stated, money is the issue.

Really nice pics!!

Looks badass for sure. I got my son started in rc trucks a few years back and it sure was a fun time, but very costly with all of the cool parts out there. The best part was making your own bodies and painting them.

Thanks everybody. I'm glad everyone enjoyed the pics. Even though this is just a toy, I really wanted to get people's imagination going with the essence of monster trucks. Share your thoughts or memories.

When I was a kid growing up in El Paso I would beg my dad to take me to the monster truck and tractor pull shows. I remember getting all excited hearing them fire up in the county coliseum. I remember watching ceiling tiles some down as the trucks roared round. It was a small venue, so no big air, then again in the mid to late eighties the engineering wasn't there to support it. I was and still are, a latino redneck.

Looks badass for sure. I got my son started in rc trucks a few years back and it sure was a fun time, but very costly with all of the cool parts out there. The best part was making your own bodies and painting them.

I have a special respect for those who can paint. No matter what I do I just can't seem to keep the paint from seeping under the tape and ruining a sharp line. :(

Thanks everybody. I'm glad everyone enjoyed the pics. Even though this is just a toy, I really wanted to get people's imagination going with the essence of monster trucks. Share your thoughts or memories.

When I was a kid growing up in El Paso I would beg my dad to take me to the monster truck and tractor pull shows. I remember getting all excited hearing them fire up in the county coliseum. I remember watching ceiling tiles some down as the trucks roared round. It was a small venue, so no big air, then again in the mid to late eighties the engineering wasn't there to support it. I was and still are, a latino redneck.

I have a special respect for those who can paint. No matter what I do I just can't seem to keep the paint from seeping under the tape and ruining a sharp line. :(

That is where my dad comes in. He has been painting cars and body repair since before my time.

Here are some pics of my truck with some skinny tractor style tires on some home-brewed beadlocks. The tires are 6 inches tall and and inch wide. I call this look Florida Mud. :)

DSC02180.jpg

DSC02186.jpg

Very cool, looks like a load of fun. :)