tejcurrent

230 amp alternator sale

Having used many different alternators on my Tahoe, some time ago I began working on an alternator that would fit my needs. Using the large ad244 case and all brand new components, these are geared for daily use in almost all GM trucks and suv's from the early 90's up to '05. The plug is an oval 4-pin, which through an adapter may fit other harnesses, and can be made to fit 05+.

You can expect to see idle output at 150 amps and 230 amps at highway speeds. I actually tested over 170 amps consistently and repeatedly on engines idling in the 7-800 rpm range, which is where many manufacturers rate things, and many v6 models run. I feel that 600-700 rpms is pretty average idle speed, so that is where my ratings come from.

They do not come powder coated, though that can be added if desired.

Features:

- Thermal protection

- No dash 'warning' lights

- Easy Bolt on replacement

- 100% brand new, assembled in the US

- STANDARD 1 year warranty

- 150 idling amps

- 230 amps at 1800 engine rpms

This alternator replaces the factory alternator on mid 90s + Blazer, Tahoe, Yukon, Suburban, and many other v6/v8 GM engines using the small AD230 and of course the large case AD244.

The normal price will be 325+ shipping, for the next month I will be offering this alternator for $315 shipped to the cont. US. This is a great deal for the idling output these alternators are capable of, and with a 1 year warranty included you can't go wrong.

For sales please contact sales@tejcurrent.com, or simply buy with credit card or paypal from the pre-sales section of tejcurrent.com.

Here is an image of the alternator on the left, replacing the small case alternator in a 96 Chevy 2500.

alt6.jpg

OEM size pulley on your Alt?

It's a smaller pulley, I believe about 17% smaller. It's difficult to tell looking at the top two alternators, but the smaller alternator has a factory sized pulley while the one on the left has the pulley I'm using on these alternators.

Who's manufacturing your rectifiers and regulators? Where are you sourcing the stators from? I take it you're using the standard Delphi rotor?

Who's manufacturing your rectifiers and regulators? Where are you sourcing the stators from? I take it you're using the standard Delphi rotor?

Hi, thanks for the great questions. Honestly I've spent quite a bit of time testing numerous suppliers and manufacturers, and I can answer some of your more brand specific questions better through PM. I've used several Delphi, Renard, and Transpo parts and they have been holding up extremely well.

These particular alternators have a standard size output post, with the rectifier using 65 amp avalanche diodes. There will be a "Heavy Duty" version available with 8mm copper output post and 70 amp avalanche diodes. The price will go up $50, but will include a 2 year warranty.

The voltage regulators are heavy duty Transpo units, set to 14.9 volts. The bearings are double sealed and meet or exceed OEM quality. The stators are double wound, basically improving output throughout the rpm band- not just top end. I wouldn't offer the warranty I do if I didn't believe in the quality of the parts I'm using, and the durability of the overall product.

A little history: I have used brackets and alternators from other companies throughout the years, with mixed results. One company in particular I spent thousands building my dream electrical system with, only to install it and be extremely disappointed. My alternators and bracket died on me regularly, leaving me literally stranded beside the highway more than a half dozen times. I spent hundreds just on belts and pulleys and bolts that broke, and lost countless hours of time at work and with my family.

I set out to build a better product- that people could afford. I have 2 kids under 2 years old, and the summers here average 90+ degrees. I run these exact alternators in my vehicle, on my quad bracket, knowing that if I was to break down they'd be sitting in an oven while I waited for help or worked on the car. I believe in the dependability and output of my products, and I stand behind my work. :drink40:

Perfect answer! Thanks!

Transpo makes great stuff! Actually all the Wetherill products are pretty awesome.

I just recently put a 230 amp on my 4.3 blazer. It works great i run a saz3000d and a memphis 300/4 i have a optima yellow top up front and 2 deka marine batteries in the back. Full tilt it stays at 13.0 volts with no problems. Tejcurrent is a good guy and stands behind all his products so you will have great customer service. Thanks tejcurrent

I let this sale run on till the end of October, so November 1st it's back to normal. I'll be posting some in-vehicle numbers this upcoming week for anyone interested, I'll just let the clamp meter do the talking. :)

I had a customer who unfortunately had to wait too long because of back ordered parts. The wait time was out of my hands as I was told a few days by my distributor and it was unfair to the customer who was kept waiting much longer, so I had his alts coated satin black for free. It's the least I could do, I try to take care of everyone like I would want :)

On to pics:

205ef2da.jpg

1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

Just shy of 1000 peak amps, with somewhere between 600-700 idling amps depending on the vehicles idle speed.

Are you still making these alts? I will be interested soon for my 1998 GMC 5.0L

I could not find these on the site as everytime I clicked the link it lead me to the bracket only.

I could not find these on the site as everytime I clicked the link it lead me to the bracket only.

Hey Buddy. Yeah he is making alts.

Hit him up on email. tejcurrent@tejcurrent.com

Been very pleased with mine. Bought some more in fact. lol

Thanks man!

What size did you go with?

Thanks man!

What size did you go with?

The bigger ones. 240a I think.

I'm sorry, I'm updating the site with some new models and didn't want anyone to buy an alternator I'm not making anymore. I offer several different alternators, so please just shoot me an email when you get a chance and I'll give you any information you need.

Hmm, interesting. Are you going to offer anything higher than 230amp? What about older GM/Chevy vehicles ('89 Astro). Will you also have single wire alternator or you just going to do direct drop-ins?

I currently have a 200amp alternator and a 300amp alternator. The 300amp needs rebuilt, can you do that? With internal/external variable regulator?

I think that's about it for my questions, for now.

Thanks for offering this type of service. Something that is much needed.

I'm sorry, I'm updating the site with some new models and didn't want anyone to buy an alternator I'm not making anymore. I offer several different alternators, so please just shoot me an email when you get a chance and I'll give you any information you need.

Will do!

Need to hide funds from the wife!

:peepwall:

no Toyotas??? me sadd... lol.. Good luck with sale tej.... :fing34:

Thank you. Anyone interested in alternators please PM or email me at tejcurrent@tejcurrent.com.

I will have alternators available for some Chevy and Ford vehicles, but most of my efforts are focused on making brackets to house larger or multiple alternators on vehicles. I do not plan on making alternators for foreign vehicles - though some can fit a bracket and additional or large case replacement.

At this point the sale is over, and there are several new models available. Thank you everyone who participated.