BigB2202

comparing two 12's to one 12

If you have two 12in mtx subs at 600rms, and you have one 12in fi bl sub thats 1500rms. would the FI be louder? The fi sub is in a ported enclosure built to the specs and the two 12's is in a sealed prefab box???

When comparing an Fi BL in a properly tuned enclosure to a MTX pre fab sealed enclosure is really not fair at all!

The BL will be considerably louder to the ear!

What amplifier?

i mean is it going to be ALOTTT louder, or just a little. What about comparing a jl w7 12in to the fi sub?

The BL hands down will be louder.

What series of MTX pre-fab subwoofers.

BL ported will still be louder imo!

All install dependent though!

i cant believe people in my school think jl w7's are the best subs out there. They say that fi is garbage and is not loud, when the kids dont even know anything about subs.

its all install dependant, but in all honesty anything in the proper enclosure can get loud. i built a box for my single 12" bl back in the day and put one of my old power acoustik fubars in it and it blew the 2 fubars i had in a prefab away! it was so loud!!! then i got the bl (wired lower) and it got even louder!!! anything in the right enclosure will be louder than somehting not in the right enclosure (aka prefab)

Fi is more likely unknown since it's not in Crutchfield whereas JL is in Crutchfield and more widely known.

what about comparing 2 12in jl w7's to just one 12 fi bl. 2000watts to 1500watts. will the 1500 be a little less or alot less?

2 very differn't drivers! Not even a fair comparison! SQ driver vs a loud daily driver.

but i mean will the two w7's be a little bit louder, or no?

There's too many variables to say. Generally more cone area or more power = louder. The only way to really know is to buy them and try them out side by side in the same vehicle.

This is the most bullshit thread. Seriously guys, It is all install Dependant. You're comparing apples to grapefruit here, two of anything will be louder than one of anything. When you're doubling the cone area you get a large increase in output. Period. Also you need to double your power (theoretically) to get a 3dB gain. The car flips all of its on it's ass, I can easily get a CRX put two eights with a couple thousand whats and i can easily yield 150's.

These threads seriously piss me off! :suicide-santa:

what about comparing 2 12in jl w7's to just one 12 fi bl. 2000watts to 1500watts. will the 1500 be a little less or alot less?

stop asking questions like this. Its dependent on the installl and goal in mind. sealed, ported, port tuning, sq vs spl. 2000watts rms? or peak? just because an amp says 2000watts doesn't mean it does. some are underrated others are overrated.

One electrical may support 1500watts and the other persons electrical can't even support 500watts yet they claim to be running 2000watts. I could go on and on, so quit asking....

If you want to be like everyone at your school then go with JL or kicker or whatever other mainstream brand you desire. If you want something different that will stand out and likely be louder if done right, then order a fi product.

I suggest you read up on past topics here and you'll learn a lot.

Or you could buy ten sony xplod 12" drivers on the cheap and get loud...and sound like sh*t.

:noob: Do us all a favor and read the link below!

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/22849-sound-solutions-audio-membership/

and

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/13994-attention-noobs/

After reading through these start a useful thread instead of the typical:noob: :bull: of "this vs that" and "will A be louder than B"!

yo jedi im only 17 and trying to get some info nigga im new to car audio

Yo dawg I hurr you wuz lookin fo' some bang in yo' trunk.

I'm only 19... by READING everything i could i LEARNED all of the things i KNOW about car audio. I've only been in the game for about a year or so.

And no, Mommy and daddy didn't buy everything.

ask ACTUAL questions with more details and we'll be able to teach you. None of this "If i have a Xplod on a Xplod 393939393 watt amp" bullshit, this is all install dependent.

/thread

:D That post made me laugh. In a good way, +1 Julian!

:peepwall:

to the OP, maybe a better way to accomplish your goal is to say you want to get LOUD (at the expense of sounding great), and what your budget is.

shutt the fuck up julian u fucken loser ill fucken rip out ur fucken throat mother pucker

Calm down, bud. That's how you start asking for suspension, then you really wont have your questions answered...

I say refer to 98GMC's post. Good info there.

shutt the fuck up julian u fucken loser ill fucken rip out ur fucken throat mother pucker

:wavey5: