mwoehr

Need advice on my Dcon 12s

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've posted anything. I have a pair of dcon 12s in a vented enclosure, 1.75 cubes each tuned to 33hz powered by a RF power series 500 watt amp. It gets decently loud, however I'd like it to get louder. The box I have just about takes up as much space as I can fit in my truck. Would they get louder with more power and how much would you recommend if so?

Budget for a new amp?

You could basically double your power on the pair from your exisiting amplifier and still be ok.

There are different tricks people can do, but it would help to know more about the existing box to see where you are starting from.

Well, as I stated I can't fit a bigger box than what I have already. Each sub is getting 1.75 cubes and it's tuned to 33hz. I'm not a box expert, so I can't give specs or get technical. I had my trunk measured and that's what was built. I know it's properly made, it sounds clean and drops hella low. I have plenty to drop on an amp. Was thinking of a Sundown SAZ1500D putting out 800 watts at 4 ohms or a Kicker 700 watt amp. Would it get significantly louder with more power? If not I was also thinking of a pair of DC Level 3 12s with a SAZ1500D. I know those don't require a large box to be ported.

Edited by Jysoe

Look into the SAX-1200D from Sundown. Even though overhead is a good thing to have, it will be just to much for the DCONS.

Look into the SAX-1200D from Sundown. Even though overhead is a good thing to have, it will be just to much for the DCONS.

Run the Sundown SAX-1200D at 600 watts 4ohms?

I was also thinking of an Xcon 15 sealed with the SAZ1500D. I know it gotta get loud sealed, my gf's Icon 15 pounds sealed!

I was also thinking of an Xcon 15 sealed with the SAZ1500D. I know it gotta get loud sealed, my gf's Icon 15 pounds sealed!

You have enough room for a 15"?

You have enough room for a 15"?

Yeah, sealed it should like take 2.5 - 2.75. It would be smaller than the box I have now and I'm pretty confident it would Wang. My gf has a sealed Icon 15 in 2.5 cubes powered by a Kicker 700 watt amp and it shakes the ish out of her car. She's going to upgrade to a 1000 watt amp eventually. The guy that made her the box at a local shop was very impressed by it, he was shocked how loud the Icon can get sealed. Almost sounds ported.

With the motor force of the XCON imo you would have more output than the 2 12" DCONS.