Sign in to follow this  
RollinOn23z

what size enclosure for a 04/05 re xxx 18

its goin in an suv i just wanna know what a good size ported enclosure would be as well as frequency for tuning since i cant find there specs from that far back

I would post this in the Fi forum since Scott is the one who designed these woofers.

:werd_msword:

I have a pair of these in my H/T system. They are in about 8ft3 tuned low. For the car, around 5ft3 @ 30Hz works real well. I have installed maybe 4 or 5 of these in this size/tuning and they have all sounded great.

If you don't have the room, these woofers really worked great sealed. They are a pretty high Q woofer and really have a nice response sealed. In fact, with the XBl2 motor, I don't think you can find a lower distortion, high stroke woofer under $1K. Around 4ft3 is good for the 18. But if you want all out SPL, go ported...

I've used mine in about 6 cubes at 29hz, powered with a 2000w Lightning Audio amp, it was a beast.

thanks guys im trying to fit 2 18s in the back of my escalade so 12 cubes after displacement n bracing sounds very possible if i go ported (as planned) im trying to maintain use of the back window since its my dd. also about 30 hz is what everyone has said so far for the tuning. anyone heard these sealed? is it def worth it to go ported? im looking for a clean responsive sub that your gonna feel in your chest. also duran i thought about posting this in the fi forum but i figured us amps owns Re and that if i posted this in the fi forum someone would say what you said only the other way around. also i kno greg knows a deal bout xxx's and would prob help out

Edited by puffin