gps69

which sub for under rear seat of Explorer Sport-Trac

The Sundown SA8s are monsters! If you can use them, Go for it! They really are that good.

Because SA-8's are monsters they don't fit...lol

But the Type R shallows seem good too

My bad. The only experience I have had with shallow mounts are those JL and some POS Earthquakes.

Alpine has proven itself to put out good quality products for years so it would be no surprise that the shallow mounts would be good.

The Sundown SA8s are monsters! If you can use them, Go for it! They really are that good.

Would there be any problem running a 3" aeroport external for the Sa-8's? Each would be in it's own enclosure. i just don't have the room for the length of a 4" port.

I think you'll be more than fine.

Personally I'd really like to see 2 sa-8s ran ported. Should be able to be made fit. But if there's too much uncertainty involved in if they will fit or not then I'd say go with the alpine type r shallow 12. Or the ten if you want a ten like the dcon.

Although if you don't mind waiting until November some people on here may recommend four Sundown e8v.2 from pre-sale. But I'm really not sure how they will do sealed.

Can anyone else help add to my thought process? Or some other perspectives??

The JL looks like a nice speaker but the 3ohm load just won't work with current amp and I'm not ready for an upgrade yet. So i guess I either take a chance on the Alpine type r thin or wait and see if the SI BM ever comes off backorder. I thought more people would comment on one of the Sundown 8" ideas I brought up.

3 ohms will work on any amplifier that handles 4 or 2 ohm loads.... Which is pretty much all amplifiers.

The JL looks like a nice speaker but the 3ohm load just won't work with current amp and I'm not ready for an upgrade yet. So i guess I either take a chance on the Alpine type r thin or wait and see if the SI BM ever comes off backorder. I thought more people would comment on one of the Sundown 8" ideas I brought up.

3 ohms will work on any amplifier that handles 4 or 2 ohm loads.... Which is pretty much all amplifiers.

I'm running an Alpine MRV1005 two channel amp. Wanted to run the amp bridged mono at around 500 watts. I could run just one of the stereo channels but the power would be roughly 5 watts less than what the fronts stage recieves per channel. So yeah it would work.