Optimus_Prime

? About RLP-12's D4

How much power can these subs take daily in recommended sized ported enclosure with ideal electrical.

Edited by Optimus_Prime

In the right conditions I've given them 1200-1500, but they don't really need that much. A good 800-1K and these things can get loud and sound damn good doing it too. Also, in the right box/tuning these things are low end monsters. One of my all time favorite subs. :drink40:

So they should be alright on a crescendo audio 3k, you think 148-150 is possible with these subs.

No & No. Those amp are under rated, and those are SQ subs not SPL. I would'nt push them to that limit. It'd be a shame to blow them.

would they get as loud as the old punch hx2's basically im looking for some subs that have good output down low.

They will get loud and sound good, but Unless you have that amp turned down your going to kill them. Do you own them already, or are you looking to buy them?

RLP's are just about right on 500-1000 watts, maybe a little more. They are really sturdy subs, but I wouldn't push em that hard and risk cooking them, especially since it seems production is at a stand still for new ones.

My first enclosure was about 2.2 cubes, tuned to about 30 hz, next one I am building will be about 1.5 cubes tuned to 34 hz powered by an MTX 2300. I will see what the difference is, if any, but this sub did not displease me.

They will get loud and sound good, but Unless you have that amp turned down your going to kill them. Do you own them already, or are you looking to buy them?

Looking to buy and trying to find out what the best subs 12" would be as i only have 5 cubes to work with.

I think maybe you should look for something else. Running a crescendo 3K and looking for numbers, you'd be better off with some SA-12, DC, etc. I hate to turn anyone away from an awesome sub, but your not looking for a great SQ sub. Your looking for a great daily beater, and these arent going to give you what your looking for in my opinion. Ive owned almost every sub Mike (Sound Splinter) has put out, but I think your looking for more SPL.

Well my general goal is to get loud without losing a ton of sq and really don't care about numbers to tell you the truth just want a setup that is reliable and plays the lows with authority. Im very open to sub suggestions right now. got a new car and im coming off of running 15's with 3500rms so i know its gonna be hard to get the volume i had with the 15's with 12's but this time i want to build an efficient setup as the cabin is much smaller than my old car i should be able to achieve a loud setup.

As said above, the RL-p's will have plenty of output and have clean response (they like smaller ported), and there is nothing wrong with headroom, but if you are going to aim to get every last watt out of that amp and push the RL-p's past their intended use and abuse, you will not get a ton of life out of them.

If you do want to really push the output of that amp, the FiBL is one of your best options.

Thanks for the input everyone ive decided to take the leap and going with xcons.