Sign in to follow this  
Dutchie.

Throwing around ideas for a new system.

This system won't happen for a very long time, because school is my main focus right now, and it keeps me from home and my truck.

I have a '93 Range Rover LWB, so plenty of space. Electrical consists of a 220amp alternator, 1/0 Big three, and a yellow top under the hood.

Right now I have two fully loaded Fi SSD 15's on an Audioque 2200d.

This system is pretty loud and fun, but it's not loud enough for me to be like dam, I need to turn it down quite yet.

I want to run either Fi, SSA, or DC in the next system.

The amp I KNOW I want to run is the Sundown 3500d, just having trouble deciding on 2 15's or 4 12's.

I love the sound of 15's and how they can hit so low, so that's what I'm leaning more towards. (I love low notes). This next system will consist of a lot of deadening and the addition of a few more batteries as well as maybe another alternator, just not sure yet. For sure more batteries.

What experience has anyone on here had with 4 12's vs 2 15's?

Isn't it sorta' backwards to find a sub for the amp you want. Shouldn't you be matching your amp to the subs you want?

I think that 4 12s will have more cone area, if they are the same line of subs that should mean more power, and more electrical needed. so they should be louder, in theory.

Isn't it sorta' backwards to find a sub for the amp you want. Shouldn't you be matching your amp to the subs you want?

I think that 4 12s will have more cone area, if they are the same line of subs that should mean more power, and more electrical needed. so they should be louder, in theory.

You're right about the whole sub/amp thing, but I've wanted to run a sundown amp for so dam long, I'll just shell out the extra money. Also, it's the right power I'm looking for.

I love the sound of 15's and how they can hit so low, so that's what I'm leaning more towards. (I love low notes). This next system will consist of a lot of deadening and the addition of a few more batteries as well as maybe another alternator, just not sure yet. For sure more batteries.

Install and box dependent :)

Build a right box for 12's and they will play just as low.

In time you will get used to the sound, mostly ear damage and you'll be in the position of needing more again :(

Try going without bass a week or two, see how your setup sounds after that :lol:

Or try another box for the ssd's.