Soon i should be running 2 saz1000d's strapped for 1800 at 2ohms in my isuzu rodeo(60 amp alt) big 3 done in 1/0. I have both amps already and i also have one stinger spv44. I will be buying another batt soon, probably a deka intimidator 9a31. Now my question is, which one should i use as the starting batt and which as the batt in the back? im not sure what i should do. I wont have a h/o alt for another couple months also. I know thats probably not enough to run the amps at full power, but i will keep the gains low until i get a h/o alt. thanks for any input! -Max

I would put whichever one fits under the hood under the hood, so if you have room for a group 31 battery under your hood then put the Deka 9A31 there and the smaller battery in the back by the system.

when i was running my sae1000d amps strapped at 2ohm i had a POS(piece of shyt) battery upfront, 120amp alt (stock), and a single kinetik hc2400 and that supplied amply amount of power/current to my amps!

i only had a POS battery upfront b/c my engine bay where the battery goes is SUPER SUPER small!!

also have you looked into say maybe 2-batcap 2000's?

I had 2 batcap 2000 support my single saz2000! it keep it alive and kicking forever!!

also don't forgot you say 1800rms at 2ohm but music is dynamic and once you fact in impedance and box rise and fall your average rms might end up to being about 1500 or less or more

and 1 last point lol (as if i didn't say enough) 1800 rms at 2ohm = 30amps! and you have what a 60amps alt.... maybe with the battery upgrades you Might NOT NOT need a h/o make sense?

what?

1800w is 1800w. Average pull for music will prob be around 60-110A, not 30A...

also, you would want the BIGGER battery with lower IR and higher MA to be in the back.

That would probably be the Deka. The amp will get it's power from a source of the lowest resistance.. the back battery will feed the majority of the power to it while the starting battery will have little to do with it.

When i had 2 3500ds in my car... i had 2 XS batts in the back with stock batt up front. Pulling 270A of current, my stock battery only contributed 23 of those amps.

so your tell me that playing music could drop the resistance to an average of 0.5-0.125 when his starting impedance is 2ohm?

1800rms at 2ohm = 30amps

1800rms at 0.5ohm = 60amps

1800rms at 0.125ohm = 120amps

i didn't think music could drop the average impedance by so much my mistake

lol i know on a burp my d1 sub wired to 2ohm when to nearly 5ohm on a 40hz burp! (single 15inch sub)

He's running them STRAPPED!

So he's wired for 1800w potential.

Ok cool! That makes sense about the bigger batt being in the back. I was reading around the forum and saw where someone(i think it was shizzon) say that running two different brand batteries is bad. If that is the case i could get a stinger spv70 instead. Also, If my voltage only drops a volt or two should i just get another battery or get the alt? I dont think i will be upgrading my power in this car so if i can avoid the alt that would be prime. lol. thanks for the input guys!

when i say bad, i mean to get the fullest life out of the batts.

they prob last u a good 5yrs or so.. but if u abide by manufacturer's recommendations, batts can last a LONG time.