Sign in to follow this  
PhishHead

New Subwoofer Setup help.

Hey guys havent been on in awhile but since then have decided to change my set up. Right now I am running a Lethal Injection 12 at 600wrms. I was thinking about using my amp to it's full potential and getting 3 sa-8. I have a SAX-1200D. Ok now on to my actual question. My wiring options are either 1.33333.... ohms or .5 ohms. Which ohm load would be better for my amp? I feel with the 1.3 ohm load the subs wont be seeing full power and I feel with the .5 ohm load I might ruin my amp. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Are you stuck on just those subs, why not 2 SA-10s at 1 ohm or something else?

Kind of wanted to wow people with having 8 inch subs. I mean I guess I could just run two. Just seemed like a cool idea that's all.

How about adding another LI 12"? Double the cone area, double the motor force let alone a great sounding driver with great output potential.

SAX-1200D is optimized for a 1 ohm load, dropping it to .5 daily will void warranty. It will be harder on the electrical if you do not have sufficient upgrades.

Well I actually already have someone lined up to buy my current setup besides my amp. Would running only two of the sa-8s be fine then. They are rated at 500 rms so that's only 1000 watts. Or would I be better saying screw it and move up to a sa-10 or sa-12. I just want to try something different and what says different than 8 inch woofers that can slam.