Skar

SKAR Audio VVX-12 Production Pictures - It's DONE!

Hey everyone wanted to let you know the subs are almost here, and they are finished! They turned out great and below is the actual pictures.

Last Chance to Preorder! D2 and D4 Available, once they arrive they will be sold only at MAP

Preorder Pricing - $140 ea shipped in lower 48

Rated Power Handling : 600 Watts RMS

Motor Depth : 85mm (~3.34") and a 12" 12 Spoke Frame (~3.25" Deep) = Total Depth ~6.6"

Spider : Dual Layer High % Nomex Content Progressive Spider 50mm WW on a 2.5" Diameter Former. Spider on production model is relatively stiff.

Available in.. : D2 and D4 Model's

Enclosure Recommendations

Ported : 1.75 CuFt Per Driver after displacement of sub. Tuned ~36hz

Sealed : .8-.9 CuFt Per Drive after displacement of sub.

Unique Cooling System

This Subwoofer has a unique voice coil air flow system with no vent flaring on the back plate. Instead, Jacob designed a system in which the top of pole has an enormous flare and the coil former has vent holes. This creates a nice flow patern through the holes and out the pole (vent). This allows less machining when making the sub and works very well! That system combined with a chrome finish allows for a much prettier finish then most driver's!

The VVX-12 has a progressive suspension to help prevent mechanical damages. This includes a triple joint re-enforcement ring to hold this joint strongly together at pretty much any power level you throw at them!

The VVX-12 Is a great daily driver and will work well in both sealed and vented enclosures. While the driver was tested in both sealed and ported enclosures pre-production, it shined in the vented enclosures on around 600 Watts continuous power. We threw more power then rated at this driver for an extended period of time and it held up without breaking a sweat!

Fms : 22.1Hz

Res : 101.8

Re : 3.8

Qms : 4.57

Qes : 0.45

Qts : 0.41

Rms : 10.0 Kg/s

Cms : 0.16 mm/N

Mms : 330.8 gr

Nref : 0.14%

Bl : 19.8

SPL : 83.3 dB

VAS : 59.2 L

Rp : 33.3

Lp : 60.0 mH

Cp : 1126.1 uF

Le : 3.37 mH

OEM121.jpg

OEM122.jpg

OEM123.jpg

PACKING.jpg

Edited by Skar

Looks like a beast for 600 watts :captain:

Looks like a beast for 600 watts :captain:

We really wanted our customers to be able to push them hard all the time :). I have noted several times that although rated for 600 RMS they won't break a sweat running at that power and a bit higher really. Really can't wait to get some big installs done and see how they perform on different power levels for a certain period of time. Although I am looking forward to getting the 4 installed in the Ford 500, kovemaster is doing 16 in a F-150 that I am dying to see complete!

Definately solid looking subs. Whats the MAP going to be, and will you have will call in Tampa so they can be picked up instead of shipped?

Edited by PHATBOi

I like the look !

Waiting for some (independant) reviews:popcorn:.

I like the look !

We will have local shops around Tampa carrying them so you can use that option :).

MAP Will be $179 as of right now, if something changes I will make note of it.

I hate not living in the US.

140 dollar's for that kind of sub is just low, really low. :suicide-santa:

I hate not living in the US.

140 dollar's for that kind of sub is just low, really low. :suicide-santa:

I will ship it international at a great price ;) PM me

Sorry, but i'm not looking at a 12 inch sub with a (conservative) 600W RMS rating. ;) (but if i or some friends need it i will certainly remember it. ;))

EDIT: by the way i live in Belgium.

Edited by kirill007

Sorry, but i'm not looking at a 12 inch sub with a (conservative) 600W RMS rating. ;) (but if i or some friends need it i will certainly remember it. ;))

EDIT: by the way i live in Belgium.

Haha ok no problem sir.

I like the look !

hello

i pre ordered these way back in july

i can do a review ill make a video of it

its going to be 4 of these in a vented box brutus 2608 amp

nice the logo adds alot to it. . . . the vvx-12 printed on the cone adds a little extra sumthin to it.....i likey lol

These twelves look like they are made to be above most. im ready to beat them. thanks for the good customer service,

Can't wait to get the preorders out to the customers and get some video's and reviews up :).

2ish weeks

Give us the perfect ported box build sheet with a slot port and no more than 14 inches in height. I want to get it built before the sub arrives, also have a crossfire bmf1000d to power this bad boy, can't wait.

Give us the perfect ported box build sheet with a slot port and no more than 14 inches in height. I want to get it built before the sub arrives, also have a crossfire bmf1000d to power this bad boy, can't wait.

I will post one tonight or tomorrow for you ;). Crazy busy over here

Thanks Kevin, I can't wait, please use a slot port design as it will be the easiest to build. I will review the speaker once I get it and get a chance to break it in properly :) Also I don't see the xmax listed on the driver, what can we expect in milimeters of xmax?

Edited by smokinkane

Thanks Kevin, I can't wait, please use a slot port design as it will be the easiest to build. I will review the speaker once I get it and get a chance to break it in properly :) Also I don't see the xmax listed on the driver, what can we expect in milimeters of xmax?

Sorry about not posting the box yet, crazy busy over here :(. I will get it up asap. Xmaxx 21mm one way

Edited by Skar

The boat will arrive October 18th, that is the official day to mark in your calendar ;). Sorry about all delays, very unusual.