Freshh

18" SSD Box Problem

Hi, I'm for sure a newbie, especially when making boxes, I just ordered my first Fi product ever, the 18" SSD, and i'm super excited. Probably to excited to be honest but I have a question about my box. I used RE's box calculator and tried to make it fit perfectly in my vehicle, I wanted the box tuned to 30 hz and I did all that.

The thing that I'm worried about is if my sub is going to move to easily and I'll end up damaging my woofer D:

The box size is 5.6 cubic feet and tuned to ~30.7Hz. The port is 3" wide and 22.5" tall, and its a slot port. The port area is 67.5 square inches :o

I can give all exact dimensions if needed.

Thanks in advance!

What vehicle?

The RE calculator is off BTW.

if you do it right the RE cal can work just have to make it work for you.... or maybe i'm just thinking it works.... hmmmmm... maks me wonder now.

Duran use you super powers to test my theory do it on paper and tweak it to proper port area for the vol an see if it works.

Its in a 2 door 01' GMC Jimmy.

Oh and if it matters the total port length is 27.5"

if you do it right the RE cal can work just have to make it work for you.... or maybe i'm just thinking it works.... hmmmmm... maks me wonder now.

Duran use you super powers to test my theory do it on paper and tweak it to proper port area for the vol an see if it works.

The calculator itself works if the port does not have any bends in it, if it does the calculator is off on tuning frequency.

Its in a 2 door 01' GMC Jimmy.

Oh and if it matters the total port length is 27.5"

I just wanted to make sure you weren't trying to fit an 18" in a car, with an SUV you'll be in good shape.

Alright cool, thanks Duran! :D