Sign in to follow this  
harold

amp for D2 15''

I'm really stuck on this guys please help me out. Which amp do you think would make a really good pairing with the magnum 15''? I want to keep it under 1000 watts so there is no need to upgrade electrical. My budget is $450 and under preferably under 400 though. I've been looking at soundstream rubicon series and the tarantula series T700W amp what do you think of these two amps? Also for cheaper maybe a hifonics 1000W? I'm really stuck please just give me some suggestions to look into thank you very much.

Also look into a Visonik V900XD or a Visonik V2000T. Both of these are over 1000 watts, but they aren't current hogs at all. Both are very efficient amps and I've had experience with both lines (technically my XD was an 800XD, but it's just a smaller version). I've got a pair of V2000T right now and they are nice amps. Other options in your range could include:

Rockford Power 1501BD

- 750 x 1 @ 4 ohms

- 1500 x 1 @ 2 ohms

The Rockford would be an excellent choice. It'll probably give you around 900 RMS into a 4 ohm load, as they are usually underrated. That, and you could add another Magnum later and use the same amp.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=18797

an amplifer that I am coming to love recently, is the PG Trantrum 1200.1

it will do well over 1450watts @2ohm, and they are damn durable, small footprint too, and we all know the power and quality of PG amps,

oh yeah the kicker its going in the range of the low to mid 300's well with in your money limit,

but if you want something for a @1 ohm load, a sweet amp for the money, even though a little aged, but super efficent and hella nice power, it will do about 1400@1, would be the Cadence A7HC which can still be found for about the same price as the PG mentioned above,

good luck, and if you need more ideas I can dig some up :D

I was definitely considering the PG tantrum, but I really want to stay away from that many watts because my electrical system isn't that great. I'd like to keep my amp under 1000 rms if possible. What do you think of the soundstream rubicon 1000W amplifier? I was thinking maybe a SS or perhaps a PPI art series A600. Denim if you could give me some insight on those amps that would be helpful, and any others you think would work well with the mag 15''. thank you very much.

well I cant say too much about the PPI art series, due to my little experience with them, but the soundstream rubi 1000 is a great amp,

good features, great power, good clarity, SSF, and will give you more than 1000watts easy, its advantage is that it has good highquality internals that make it a solid clean durable amp, and that they are going for so cheap lately its worth a try,

The only worry I have with the SS rub is that it's a class a/b amp. I've heard it's much better to have a class D amp for subs ;) ..not sure though. Any help on that? Also what about arc audio, I've heard great reviews on these amps. What models would give me the power needed (600-1000) watts? Is there any other amps I shoul look into? Also, how is the visonik for an SQ application? thanks for the help denim:).

The reason why people recommend Class D amps for subs is it's usually a better bang for the buck, but more importantly, it's efficient power as well.

ARC Audio makes some wonderful amps. I am still looking into getting one of their CXL amps for my front stage...only wish it had a 24db crossover :( Their 2500 and 1500-dr amps would be the amps to look at for sub duty..

the efficency is really only a factor at lower levels, once the gains are up and the signal is cranked near clipping there really is not much difference in efficency, its really a factor if your in a competition class that has electrical and charging restrictions and can run multiple amps, but for one amp I think its fine :D

good lcuk :denim:

The PPI Art Series are THE GREATEST AMPLIFIERS known to man!!! Don't argue with me anyone!! :boxin: :boxin:

I would definitely get a PPI arts but the most watts they can put out is their A600 which puts out 600 watts rms. I don't know if that's enough to really push the 15'' how I want it. Maybe it is?

Well if it makes you feel any better, I had my A600 bench tested and it put out 864 watts at 4 with 13.2 volts input. they are well underrated. If you want more, find yourself an A1200 or a 2350AM.

PPI also made an A1200.2. My A600.2 was lightly modded to do 1000 watts, but there are plenty of other amplifiers out there for either single or dual Magnum's.

*I just saw that you already said the 1200 tirefryr. :P

Do you think a single PPI A600 could really push the mag 15''? I can find the PPI pretty cheap on ebay, I just don't want a lousy amp that isn't going to push the mag. But if your PPI benchtested at 8XX then that's perfect for what I am looking for.

If it's even more sensitive than the 12" version, then it probly will. I set one up with only 350 watts from a Kicker DX700 and it still gets pretty loud. Now to figure out which amp to upgrade to for it ... I'm not paying tho so that is the good part :D

Edited by bigger_george