Please someone correct me if i am wrong, i am going to strap my Sundown Audio 3500Ds and this will be my first time strapping amps, so i need to see if i am thinking correctly.

The Master amp gets the input from the head-unit and a mono RCA from "BR Out" connected. The Slave amp ONLY gets "BR In" connected from the Master amp, leave the Gain and other Filters on the Slave amp set to 0.

Each amp gets its own remote wire coming from the head-unit.

Each amp gets its own Power and Ground.

Connect NEG terminals of both amps together using 8AWG wires

Wire my subs like so;

22ohmdvc2ohm.gif

Then take the POS wire from my sub and put it in the Master amps (far left) positive terminal, then take the NEG wire from my sub and put it in the Slaves amps (far left) positive terminal, ending up with (2) empty terminals (far right ~ positive)

If anything is wrong please let me know.

You got it right man :)

yep, btw you don't need to run two sets of wire from headunit for remote turn on, just run +12v from h/u into master amp and run another wire from +12v on master to +12v on slave.

:)

Looks good man! You are going to love those amps strapped!

You got it right man :)

Okay great! :)

yep, btw you don't need to run two sets of wire from headunit for remote turn on, just run +12v from h/u into master amp and run another wire from +12v on master to +12v on slave.

:)

I thought of this.. but wasn't sure if it was recommend or a "boo boo" way to wire it lol

Looks good man! You are going to love those amps strapped!

I hope sooo!

Nah your still completing the circuit :)

I would recomend a relay for the amp turn-on wire and have hu trigger the relay. (provides a stronger signal when turning on multiple amps)

sorry to use this thread as a question for mine, but it helps with the diagram. im going to do the same thing, except run two 1000d's, and i was wondering if the master amps two left over pos terminals are both pos, and are the slave amps two left over pos terminals both negative. because i would like to use both on each amp so wiring them is easier. thanks for any help!

What subwoofer or subwoofers are you using?

sorry to use this thread as a question for mine, but it helps with the diagram. im going to do the same thing, except run two 1000d's, and i was wondering if the master amps two left over pos terminals are both pos, and are the slave amps two left over pos terminals both negative. because i would like to use both on each amp so wiring them is easier. thanks for any help!

IIRC the 1000's weren't strappable...

two d2 rl-p 18s. the reason i ask is because i bought the twisted 8 gauge speaker wire not thinking about it, and would waste a bunch if you see what i mean.

IIRC the 1000's weren't strappable...

the saz 1000d's? im pretty sure they are. maybe you're thinking of the sae1000ds. i hope they are because i would rather not gain match them and do all that stuff. i would be to worried that they are not perfectly set the same. lol

damn D, You just got thread jacked........

two d2 rl-p 18s. the reason i ask is because i bought the twisted 8 gauge speaker wire not thinking about it, and would waste a bunch if you see what i mean.

Then why bother strapping them? Run one amp per sub and call it a day.

Matching them isn't difficult by any stretch of the imagination. It would take 15 minutes max with a DMM and some test tones.

Then why bother strapping them? Run one amp per sub and call it a day.

Matching them isn't difficult by any stretch of the imagination. It would take 15 minutes max with a DMM and some test tones.

hmm well i figured it would just be easier to strap them. It would also be at 2 ohms final load so my electrical should do better right? i also dont have another rca now that i think about it. if i can use the terminals; one amp for positives, the other for negatives, it would be easy. can i use them like that?

If you strap you will be at 2ohm with each amp seeing 1ohm so no real help to your electrical.

No help to your electrical system since each amp would still "see" a 1ohm load. One sub per amp and a strapped pair is identical as far as the amplifiers are concerned.

I would still just run one amp per sub.