Argent Audio

Enclosure Build for Brandon (Two 8 Inch TC 1000's)

The concept of the enclosure is to be a super stealth center console enclosure, which was achieve very well i might add! The enclosure has the same shape, size and look of the stock center console seat (with the factory cover on of course)!

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

Sorry I do not have more pics right now. I will make sure to take some when I go down to visit him.

Andrew

That is the stealthiest subbox I have ever seen!.

Very Trick! Great use of a normally non-usable space! :fing34:

X2, good thinking. How do they sound?

X2, good thinking. How do they sound?

Funny story you ask....

So we hook them up, the are SVC... get everything connected and turn it on. I give Brandon time to time align etc and he says here have a listen.

They sound like crap. So we are like WTF everything is wired correctly, gains set correctly, HU in the correct mode. The front stage sounds amazing but subs sound like poop.

We go get food and listen to a different CD on the way thinking it could be just the CD but same results...

Brandon has to get home to LA so he leave after we get food. I text him mid drive home and tell him to pull the subs out when he gets home and look at the terminals to make sure we wired them correctly, and if they are wired correctly to change them so they are wired out of phase (incorrectly). The reason I said this is because on some TC subs I have played it the terminals on the sub were actually WRONG somehow lol. Sure enough he does it and puts them back in and he says the sound great now. I'm sad I don't get to hear it for another month or so till I go visit...

Andrew

Ha the ultimate wtf moments in audio priceless.

As soon as I got both speakers in phase, reset the gains it sounds awesome. I dont like my subs to be to over powering. It blends really well, very accurate and musical. Not the best setup I have had, but it is pretty damn good!