Stuart Little

Which one should i get?

Hey im a little stuck between thse two setups. Fi BL 15 w/ cooling in a 3.5cf tuned to 32hz after dis. or 3 sa-8s in a 2.5 tuned to 35 hz after dis. What i want from it is low hard hitting bass. I want it to get loud but retain some sq. Loud>sq though. In terms of powering it. It will be the same amp whether i get the BL or the 8s. 1500 watts. What it will go in? 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse. Need any more details? Just ask. Thanks in advance. :D

It's hard to take you seriously cause your username, I suggest you change it immediately... JK :P

Have you measured your cars interior to see what will fit? Have any dimensions?

If you go with 3 sa8s, what voice coil impedance would you get? Depending on if you get dual 1ohm or dual 2ohm's you can wire down to the following: 0.67,1.5 for 3 d1 OR 1.34,3ohm for 3 d2

(just something to think about)

Ok so i totally forgot about wiring 3 dvc subs but for the BL it would be d2 wired to 1ohm. I have enough room for a 4.0 but if i get the BL i want it to be in a 3.5 cause im throwing 500 extra watts over rms. Sa-8s come in d2 and d4 so why don't we knock it down to 2 sa-8s in a 1.6 tuned to 35hz? D4 wired to 1 ohm. would that match up to the BL?

Ok so i totally forgot about wiring 3 dvc subs but for the BL it would be d2 wired to 1ohm. I have enough room for a 4.0 but if i get the BL i want it to be in a 3.5 cause im throwing 500 extra watts over rms. Sa-8s come in d2 and d4 so why don't we knock it down to 2 sa-8s in a 1.6 tuned to 35hz? D4 wired to 1 ohm. would that match up to the BL?

Your asking an impossible question to answer, either pick one or the other or buy both and let us know which one is louder. Its all install dependent, 15" BL should be louder but someone can make the 8's louder than the 15" as well.

The 15 will have more cone area=louder But the SA-8's will require a smaller box so you can have most of your trunk back, so if you want space SA-8's for loudness the BL and 1500 rms on 2 SA-8s is overkill turn down the gains.

The SA-8's are out of stock at the moment.

Your asking an impossible question to answer, either pick one or the other or buy both and let us know which one is louder. Its all install dependent, 15" BL should be louder but someone can make the 8's louder than the 15" as well.

I understand it's install dependent. I was just wondering which one would perform better its optimal enclosure size which i stated above.

The 15 will have more cone area=louder But the SA-8's will require a smaller box so you can have most of your trunk back, so if you want space SA-8's for loudness the BL and 1500 rms on 2 SA-8s is overkill turn down the gains.

Yeah i was going to adjust the power for the 2 sa-8s since i had to change my mind. even if i were to keep the 1500 watts on the two it would probably be fine. It's a daily driver so impedance rise, voltage drop, and it would be in a little smaller box so it wouldn't see 1500 watts every minute but i see what your saying. Thanks for the input guys. And denim, thanks for that info, if i get sa-8s it'll be from here.

I understand it's install dependent. I was just wondering which one would perform better its optimal enclosure size which i stated above.

Reread what you just wrote :peepwall:

Reread what you just wrote :peepwall:

Yeah i know, it was a simple question but i mean just forget it. It's all good.

If i put this sub in the enclosure that its optimized for and i put this sub in the enclosure that its optimized for all on the same power, which would perform better? This question implies someone who has had experience with both maybe heard them or had them or something. That's what i was asking.

If your looking for output then go with the 15" woofer, more cone area all day but dont get me wrong the 2 or 3-8's you were planning would still slam.