Aaron Clinton

Group Buy on a Zed Built Boss Audio REV-665

I can check, but I doubt it.

If there is, I'm definitely interested! Wish I would have seen this when the GB started...

I wish i would of held on to mine, nice amps

i still have mine. probly gonna sell it here soon. GREAT amp. just dont need it.

Why not?

What kind of power do these things put out? Underrated at all? Also how many are left?

The BOSS branded Zed amps are grossly OVER RATED. These are rated 200X4 or something silly, they do around 45-50W per channel into 4 ohm.

They are very nice looking (and sounding) amps. Small enough to get under a front seat in most import cars (did one in smaller Toyota and Hyundai).

I have a few of these stashed here "just in case". I picked one of them up this winter as a souveneir when I went to visit Stephen at the shop.

These were made in the days when he had 100 employees and were building 1000 of these a day. He told me he NEVER had one of these come back blown. They seem rock solid.

@Aaron Take the damn plastic wrap off the top of that!

Edited by hispls

How do you know they put put 45-50wrms? And they are rated around 85rms. Not 200.

Just curious if you have done any tests or are making assumptions.

How do you know they put put 45-50wrms? And they are rated around 85rms. Not 200.

No he is not making assumptions, Steve himself stated those amps only put out 45 watts. The man who built them spoke on the issue on multiple forums as well.

so how does this work ? I didn't see if so many have to buy before they ship.. or is it if i buy one it gets shipped right off... i mite be interested in one to replace my candance to run my Focals krx2's

I really should change the name of this topic, as it is not really a group buy so much as it is more of a last chance on some quality 4 channels that are no longer made anymore, for a nutty price. These amps are already shipping, they are going out as the orders are coming in. We spoke with ZED last night and a bunch more shipped out yesterday. The quantity is getting low, so I would not wait too much longer. There are a couple of another model left that is similar to this model, but we won't put those up until all of the REV-665's are gone. We have a people buying these a fail safes, back up amps, quality amp for their girlfriend/wife's car, first amp for their kid, ZED collectors, or even some people who have bought them to use them as 2 channel amps for more power to their mids or mid-bass for a great price.

smile.gif

I realize you may not want to spill the beans on the other amps just yet, but will there be any larger amps?

I like savings the money.

:morepower1:

I bought the last of his BIG 4 channels about 4 years ago. I suspect he has some smaller ones and some 2 channels (also smaller). Of all of the old Boss amps, these are about the best. The larger one had an impractically large footprint IMO and wasn't nearly as pretty as these. If you could rub off the BOSS and rediculous power rating from the plexi on this it's a gorgeous amp.

No he is not making assumptions, Steve himself stated those amps only put out 45 watts. The man who built them spoke on the issue on multiple forums as well.

This ^^^^ . I have used a bunch of these old Boss branded Zed amps in my own and in friend's cars. Stephen was very honest about actual output and I think was rather perturbed about Boss insisting on over-rating everything. ALL his amps prior to that had always been conservatively rated.