slim142

12 tweeters from one amplifier, how did he do that?

Ok I dont understand how the guy from the tahoe is running 12 tweeters from one T600.2?

Yes I also dont understand how two 1000.4 amplifiers are running ten 6.5inch speakers, two 4inch midranges and two 8inch midbass

Can somebody tell me how is that wired? doesnt so many speakers on each channel cause the impedance to be insanely low causing the amp overheat or inestability?

am I missing something here?

it depends the ohmage can be so low or pretty high but he most likely has it at 2 ohm but i can run 100 woofers to 1 amp and not have a problem as long as it is in the right impedance for the amp.

Ok I dont understand how the guy from the tahoe is running 12 tweeters from one T600.2?

Yes I also dont understand how two 1000.4 amplifiers are running ten 6.5inch speakers, two 4inch midranges and two 8inch midbass

Can somebody tell me how is that wired? doesnt so many speakers on each channel cause the impedance to be insanely low causing the amp overheat or inestability?

Your missing the ability to series speakers together instead of parallel.

Yes, he is. It may also be a series-parallel circuit.

Yes, he is. It may also be a series-parallel circuit.

That's what I'm thinking, get it somewhere close to 2ohm per channel.

Ok I understand you can run series and parallel, but I thought that only applied to subs (where dual voice coils come into action)?

Dont tweeters have only 1 negative and 1 positive?. So how can you pick whether to run in parallel or series?

The only thing that comes to mind is this: AMP->Tweeter->Tweeter->Tweeter-Tweeter->Tweeter

A tweeter is connected to the other one, then the other, then the other until the final one reaches the amp. Is this right?

Ok I understand you can run series and parallel, but I thought that only applied to subs (where dual voice coils come into action)?

Dont tweeters have only 1 negative and 1 positive?. So how can you pick whether to run in parallel or series?

The only thing that comes to mind is this: AMP->Tweeter->Tweeter->Tweeter-Tweeter->Tweeter

A tweeter is connected to the other one, then the other, then the other until the final one reaches the amp. Is this right?

You can series anything with voice coils.

Pretend each of these speakers are tweeters.

4_4ohmSVC_4ohm.gif

You can series anything with voice coils.

Pretend each of these speakers are tweeters.

4_4ohmSVC_4ohm.gif

You forgot to replace the woofer pics with tweeter pics. :D

Boom......

4_4ohmSVC_4ohm-1.gif

Are the new T series Fosgate amps 1ohm stable in stereo. My silver T300.2 was. That damn amp was a beast.

Ok I understand now

But tahoe has 12 tweeters. 4 on each front door, 2 on each pillar and 2 more on the rear doors.

With 6 tweeters, how would you get 4ohm load?

Edited by slim142

Ok I understand now

But tahoe has 12 tweeters. 4 on each front door, 2 on each pillar and 2 more on the rear doors.

With 6 tweeters, how would you get 4ohm load?

You wouldn't need a 4ohm load, he was just posting the picture for example purposes.

Most 2-channel amps are stable to atleast 2ohm stable per channel, and some are 1ohm stable per channel (which I believe the RF Power amplifiers are 1ohm stable per channel). As long as the final impedance is a load the amplifier is stable at, that's all that matters.

You got a point

Thanks for clarification.

If I ever get 4 components for each door, ill come here and ask for the wiring setup lol

it depends the ohmage can be so low or pretty high but he most likely has it at 2 ohm but i can run 100 woofers to 1 amp and not have a problem as long as it is in the right impedance for the amp.

I leaned a new word today, "Ohmage" :lol:

lol I am the creator, seems pretty legit though........and has a good meaning :P

lol I am the creator, seems pretty legit though........and has a good meaning :P

Ohmage

You got a point

If I ever get 4 components for each door, ill come here and ask for the wiring setup lol

Your hugging Steve Meade's nuts harder then a squirrel.

You got a point

Your hugging Steve Meade's nuts harder then a squirrel.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

that is some major nut hugging. Just like the squirrel from ice age.

Ohmage

Oh snap. Guess your not cool anymore cheese.

Hommage in French means Tribute to !

But we say impédance for...ohmage!!!

The "how" is easy. The real question should be "why?"

Ohmage

Damn I guess I had a pretty good use for the word in the sentence.....LOL! Nice Find! :drink40:

Edited by cheese20323