Krisco

AQ HDC3 and AQ1200D. Help :)

Have a question about which voice coils to go with, dual 1ohm or dual 2 ohm?

The dual 2ohm will give me a 1ohm load which is 1200wRMS from the 1200d while dual 1 ohm will give me a 2ohm load which is 870wrms.

The sub is "rated" at 1000wrms but I have watched a bunch of videos and alot of people have written about giving them alot more power.

So my question:

Do I play it safe and go with the 870wrms or can this sub handle the 1200wrms without being damaged?

Thank you.

or you could buy another 1200d, daisy chain them together, buy the dual 1 ohm sub and run it at 2ohms daisy chained so you can give the sub 2400 watts and make it really happy.

Edited by curt96olds

or you could buy another 1200d, daisy chain them together, buy the dual 1 ohm sub and run it at 2ohms daisy chained so you can give the sub 2400 watts and make it really happy.

:morepower1::peepwall:

The dual 2ohm will give me a 1ohm load which is 1200wRMS from the 1200d while dual 1 ohm will give me a 2ohm load which is 870wrms.

The sub is "rated" at 1000wrms but I have watched a bunch of videos and alot of people have written about giving them alot more power.

So my question:

Do I play it safe and go with the 870wrms or can this sub handle the 1200wrms without being damaged?

Thank you.

hdc3's can burp around 3000 watts but daily driver i would only push 1500 to 2000 per sub

So my question:

Thank you.