Sign in to follow this  
shizzzon

AA S.M.D. Potential vs custom designing

I understand the purpose of this sub is to be a high powered brutal daily beat sub...

I've been tryin to find some info on usage of this sub and have failed so i come to ask questions.

What is the potential of this sub to be used for burps?

Because of it's coil size, this is the main thing that has attracted me.

I plan on using no less than 7kw to each driver for daily and up to 13kw for burps if i feel like it.

So, what would my options be? Can a custom designed sub from Fi be better suited for my needs or can the S.M.D. sub actually conquer my vision and excel over many other subs out there for burps?

The SMD might be a better option then coming up with big funds for a pair of custom machined drivers. Maybe see how the Neo they are working on pans out. Or see what Nick says for a juiced up BTL. :)

Actually, i have read about an SG motor based BTL. did I say that right?

And you are right, Fi's Neo i'm sure will be set far apart from the competition. When the time comes.. i will have to make a decision at what's available then.

You mean the Super Gauss? As with Fi, it is rare to know ahead of time as to what they are going to come out with. The Neo news was different. Scott and Nick are some of the very best in the business when it comes to design and engineering speakers. I have heard the SMD in person, but never at full wail and not on the best music to show them off.

It's honestly not made for SPL purposes...

Not saying that we don't constantly have things in testing phases..we're just not the type to brag about every thing we think of every other day and put it on the internet...for it to never come out. The only reason we did it with the neo motor was because it was that radical..we wanted to get some general thoughts on people before we pulled the trigger on that one because it is really really really different.

I'd rather show up to the party ready to dance with my bowtie on personally :)

Sign in to follow this