RollinOn23z

name some good sets of comps

I am looking for a loud and clean pair of 6.5 components for between 200 and 300. Does anyone have any suggestions? I plan on throwing about 100 watts to them or more if they require.

ID CTX65CS would be a recommendable set for that budget. Lots of good comments and reviews on them available here and elsewhere.

I've heard good things about the new Crescendo components, a less expensive option.

With a $200-$300 budget there's quite a few sets that can come into play from companies like CDT, Focal, Morel and possibly Rainbow to name a few.

:EDIT: Forgot to mention, there's Bravox, and they're sold right here on SSA too!

Give us your listening preferences and more detail on the goal and more recommendations can be made. The thing about components is that what sounds good to me, what sounds good to you, and what sounds good to someone else can be at opposite ends of the spectrum. Best thing to do is try to find what gets recommended at a local shop and give them a listen in person. That can give you at least some idea as whether or not they suit your listening tastes.

I listen to a little of everything but mostly bass heavy rap. I will do a little research on the ID's but i have been looking at some bravox cs60ks for the front and cx60ks for the rear but havent had any experience in them and don't know what to expect. (lookin at the cf's also) As far as going to the local shop I am friendly with the owner and he is pushing his own brand called megaloud which has a site www.megaloud.com (im not trying to promote at all just showing you what I am referred by the shop owner) i have heard them in a multi speaker setup it had like ten speakers in the trunk and it was loud but of course ten speakers is going to be loud. Also i figure of course he is going to say his brand is the best so i dunno...

Thanks Bassahaulic, talked to Mark and I am waiting for them to restock so I can grab some of the carbon fibers. I will still be researching until then on more stuff so keep coming with the suggestions or comments.

Thanks Bassahaulic, talked to Mark and I am waiting for them to restock so I can grab some of the carbon fibers. I will still be researching until then on more stuff so keep coming with the suggestions or comments.

I will be putting the order in tomorrow morning.