sundownz

Jacob's Jeep : 4x SA-12s + 4500D = 153.8 dB

Planning to run this setup for nSPL Finals this weekend... needed to stay under 5000 watts on the nSPL clamp meters. On my meter it clamped exactly 4000 watts last night which should be 4700-5000 on their clamps.

Tuning is in the high 30s and peaks at 47 Hz... tuned to 30 Hz and also peaking at 47 Hz it was about 1.8 dB quieter but still not bad at all, IMO. I plan to try cutting the ports down a bit more to see if I can get a tad more from it on the meter... may or may not get that done before the Finals event.

Best score with just me in the Jeep was 153.8 and with Nick from Stereo Integrity in it as well we got 154.0 dB -- sealed on the dash.

CIMG4327.JPG

* One SAZ-4500D chilling out on my amp rack. Running at 0.25 ohms for burps -- re-wires to 1 ohm for daily.

CIMG4328.JPG

* 3x 6" Aero-Ports... box is a hair over 6 cubes with my shortened ports. Almost exactly 6 cubes with full length ports. Team Sundown Derrick build this box for me.

CIMG4329.JPG

* One NSB-G3100 in this corner.

CIMG4330.JPG

* Added an XS Power D3100 this morning... score did not increase but my voltage doesn't drop as bad on burps and I'll be able to play music longer of course!

CIMG4331.JPG

* Standard DEKA starting battery.

CIMG4332.JPG

* External voltage regulator.

CIMG4333.JPG

* Excessive Amperage 225-amp alternator. Have been running this for about 2 years now.

This setup does keep gaining with power... with the full length ports (which are 1.8 down at this power level) I have done a 154.7 before with this same setup running two 3500Ds @ 0.25 each.

I plan to try more power after the show... and eventually to try four Z v.2 12s with single spiders. I tried some Nightshades a while back with 3 spiders and it was actually quieter than the SA-12s -- so I think this box needs a much softer compliance.

o wow! nice box! looks similar to the box in the civic!

and you got yourself an NSB battery!! (i am running 2-nsb90's)

P/S did you ever get those duel input adaptors yet? if so give them a shot see if ti helps with the current/ voltage/ wattage or does anything at all! I am interested in the results!

Jacob do you think it is possible to do 150 on music with this setup in my car with my 3k or would I need more power. I do 47's burps with the prefab boxes I had in the car and 145-46's on music. Derick sent me the design and i'm going to build it after Streetspl finials. Are going to that show? Its Sunday in Garner.

Jacob do you think it is possible to do 150 on music with this setup in my car with my 3k or would I need more power. I do 47's burps with the prefab boxes I had in the car and 145-46's on music. Derick sent me the design and i'm going to build it after Streetspl finials. Are going to that show? Its Sunday in Garner.

Probably... was able to do 152s on a burp with two 1500s on my setup with the longer ports. So a 3000D @ 0.5 should produce over a 150 on music.

I don't know if I'll be going to any shows this weekend yet.

Have ever tried NS in this box? What kind of number you get and how much power?

They sucked... bad. Of course those had three spiders - stock - and this box is very small - so it resulting in a very low efficiency.

I dropped four Z v.2 12s in yesterday with one spider each... going to see what that does later.

Dropped some Z v.2 in there with 1 spider each... 153.5 dB on 2770 watts on my clamp. Now... to see how that scales up with more power :)

Dam....How does it sound on music? Is the box good for a daily setup? I'm building a copy of it this weekend. I know what it does in the lanes but I'm a ground pounder at heart. So I'm hoping I can do numbers and sound good.

Edited by thecartel

:mrspam: Edited by Aaron Clinton

:mrspam: Edited by Aaron Clinton