Sign in to follow this  
hypnotix

True rms handling of a bl 12?

i just recently bought a bl 12 dual 2ohm with cooling added, and was wondering what the actual rms handling is?

i've seen plenty of videos and read plenty of posts making the 1000wrms handling very unbelievable. it seems to me they can handle MUCH more, even without the cooling option added.

million watts

:gayhaaay1:

it depends ...1.5-2kW of "clean" power ... if u have a good amp and electrical :drink40:

yeah what he said. i'd burp one at 4k though. it'd be ok haha

I have a BL 15 on a Sundown 2000D at 0.5 daily. Just be careful and it does fine.

Running a AQ2200 and pushes my bl's decent could take more power but why they sound dam good the way they are. I could throw more at them no doubt it would also would increase the risk of the subs reaching their mechanical limits. The subs are rated at 1000rms ill keep them at 1000 just to be safe :) wouldnt want 700$ in sub's smoking out of the trunk.

Just my 2cent's

Running a AQ2200 and pushes my bl's decent could take more power but why they sound dam good the way they are. I could throw more at them no doubt it would also would increase the risk of the subs reaching their mechanical limits. The subs are rated at 1000rms ill keep them at 1000 just to be safe :) wouldnt want 700$ in sub's smoking out of the trunk.

Just my 2cent's

I ran two loaded BL's of a saz 3000D at 32 HZ as was recommended by MR Fi and to date have not had any problems...if any thing I think there are some more in them.

Please use the search function, there are about a MILLION threads asking the exact question. The Bl can handle between 1-1500 watts comfortably, just because your amp says it puts out a constant 1500 watts doesn't mean it will be. Music is not like a sine wave, it changed constantly, sometimes your amp will be putting less or more than it really says it does.

The Bl is intended to be a lower power alternative of the BTL if you want to run 2000 watts or more, the BTL is for you. Don't come complaining to us when you smoke your woofer because you're overpowering it and being a nut on the volume knob or using bassboost.

:suicide-santa:

BL is designed for under 2kw...after that..then the BTL takes over

Please use the search function, there are about a MILLION threads asking the exact question. The Bl can handle between 1-1500 watts comfortably, just because your amp says it puts out a constant 1500 watts doesn't mean it will be. Music is not like a sine wave, it changed constantly, sometimes your amp will be putting less or more than it really says it does.

The Bl is intended to be a lower power alternative of the BTL if you want to run 2000 watts or more, the BTL is for you. Don't come complaining to us when you smoke your woofer because you're overpowering it and being a nut on the volume knob or using bassboost.

:suicide-santa:

BL is designed for under 2kw...after that..then the BTL takes over

:werd_msword:

Sign in to follow this