Optimus_Prime

Which amp for my subs

What would be the best amp to power a pair of xcons for daily, thinking of going with mmats, anyone have any experience with mmats. open to all suggestions.

I was not happy when I messed with a Friends MMATS 4000's.

A MMATS 4000 was only .1db higher then a SAZ-3000.

Biggest problem I see with MMATS is that they offer no SSF!

The 4000's aren't meant 4 daily but the 3000's and down are. They are great amps!!! I have two of the 3500.1 for a few years now and have never had any problems. They are also ultra efficient. Mine only need a 200 amp fuse for the 2700 watts rms that it puts out.

The only negative is that it doesn't have a ssf, but for raw power in a small package, you can't beat it!!!!

There was a comparison done between mmats and sundown amps, with mmats just edging it out on an earlier forum. Mmats engineered class D amps and have been in the game for a long time they have amps that are .5 ohm stable, but which ever amp u get, (sd or mmats) theyre going to be BEASTS!!!!!!

Lol. Gotta do with a different design then, look into Stetsom and SounDigital.

We have had a few people combo a V1K5 with their Xcon's and we have had very positive feedback. :)

Sundown saz 3500, or 2 saz 1500 strapped.

The MTX 4000 looks cool too ! I don't know what it's worth, but one of my friend has one and loves it.

Mark and his brother (ssa) use them too !!!

I posted in the build log section,an install with 4 saz 1000 on 2 xcons 15". It's insane! Bass bass bass!!!

What are your guys thoughts on a Powerbass XA-4000D, any experience with em, do they do 4krms reliable etc. and would this be a better choice than the crescendo audio 3kw.

Edited by Optimus_Prime

What are your guys thoughts on a Powerbass XA-4000D, any experience with em, do they do 4krms reliable etc. and would this be a better choice than the crescendo audio 3kw.

I have not used the PowerBass to speak on it. Did you consider the SAZ-2500D on pre-order?

Ok im seriously considering putting a fosgate 2500.1 constant power amp on the Xcons been seeing an average birth on em around or over 3krms and do that power at 1 and 2ohms what are your guys opinion on these amps the resources are limited as it is hard to find good review.

Fosgate amps are decent amps but just not worth the money imo. Your basically paying for the name. If you want a solid 4K go with Crescendo and run it at .5. Best watt per dollar amp in that power range.

crescendo.com:

.5 ohm power @ 13.8V @ .5% THD 4,030w
Edited by PHATBOi

Im diggin the small footprint and 80% efficiency at 3000+rms.

Did you look at db-r.com ?

I think the Sundown 2500 Denim told you about, is a good choice : with a good electrical system you will have lots of power for the subs ! It' so cheap on pre-order !

I would get it instead of the Crescendo.