Sir-Lancelot

Sir-Lancelot's Yukon XL - UPDATE 18" ZCONS / 4 GP3k Page 27

Here you go fellas. Project destroy the Yukon is well underway.

List of the goodies

Headunit:

Clarion DXZ785USB

Front:

B&C 10NW64 10" Neodymium Woofer

Crescendo XST2 Supertweeter

Rear:

B&C 8NDL51 8" Neodymium Woofer

Crescendo XST2 Supertweeter

Mids & Highs amps

MB Quart DSC 4125 bridged to the mids

MB Quart DSC 480 bridged to the tweeters

Subs

4 18" XCONS

Sub Amps

2 Crunch GP3000D's strapped

Electrical

Iraggi 260 amp alternator

Kinetik HC2000

4 Kinetik HC2400

2 runs of 0/1

* will be buying a dual alternator bracket/2nd alternator set up from tejcurrent hopefully next week*

Picture of the victim.

dscf24862687096.jpg

dscf24872716359.jpg

Started glassing the front doors

The plan

img00040201008292241277.jpg

Getting started

dscf24693862558.jpg

dscf24703922196.jpg

Almost done, need to fill some low spots and sand a little more.

dscf24822609766.jpg

dscf24832654955.jpg

On the door

dscf24852675950.jpg

With drivers

dscf24892760158.jpg

I am going to wrap these in vinyl. Pray for me as this will me the first time I have done this. lol

I started on the rear this morning, but I have to go get ready and am done for the day. Taking the kids to the Carolina game tonight.

More to come

Oh Damn!! Those pods look frickin' great!!! If you wrap vinyl like you created those pods you have no worries! :fing34: Looks like those pods are sealed and do not use the door as part of the air space? :popcorn:

Oh Damn!! Those pods look frickin' great!!! If you wrap vinyl like you created those pods you have no worries! :fing34: Looks like those pods are sealed and do not use the door as part of the air space? :popcorn:

Thats an interesting thing.

I was going to cut the hole and seal them to the hole in the door when I bolt them to the door, but I have been reading about Aperiodic enclosures and may want to give that a try.

Here

Anyone have any experience with that?

Awesome Work Bro !!! :drink40: I'm tuned in for this one !!! Best of luck to ya bro !!! :popcorn:

Awesome Work Bro !!! :drink40: I'm tuned in for this one !!! Best of luck to ya bro !!! :popcorn:

Thank you man. I will need all the luck I can get.

wow those look great.

come do mine ;)

I am too slow man. No way I could do this full time. lol

I mean for free... maybe some free pizza ;)

:drink40:

Looking great man. Can't wait to see how you setup the subs...

Mind posting pictures of what you did for deadening your headliner and tailgate\cargo area?

Damn! This should be loud a loud daily driver build is always badass!

Looking great man. Can't wait to see how you setup the subs...

Mind posting pictures of what you did for deadening your headliner and tailgate\cargo area?

I sure will when I get to that, right now too much going on. I do plan to wrap my headliner so I will take some pics when I do that.

oh man, i've been waiting on this one....

get to work!

Damn! This should be loud a loud daily driver build is always badass!

If it's not loud I will change the title to the epic fail build. lol

What kind of mat did you use on them? chopped or mat mat?

going to be a badass build with a badass truck

SOOOOO tuned in!

What kind of mat did you use on them? chopped or mat mat?

I used some of both.

The base is 3 layers chop mat, then on top 3 layers of the mat mat and chopped mat inside on the edges and on areas I wanted to add more strength to.

Tuned in for sure :popcorn: diggin the whole look of the exterior as well :drink40:

I was going to cut the hole and seal them to the hole in the door when I bolt them to the door, but I have been reading about Aperiodic enclosures and may want to give that a try.

Here

I've never had any experience with that, but I read that artical and it is very interesting. Sounds like how a vac. secondary carb works(only gives what the motor is needing). Seems as though the door would not rattle around as much when subjected to lower freqs. :shrug:

I would think this may be a good option to give a try. You were planning to cut a hole anyway so set it up for the filter and try it, if it doesn't give you the results you were lookin' for whala take out the filter and be were you would have been anyway. Good Luck!!

This Yukon will be Wicked !!!

Waiting for more...!

Tuned in for sure :popcorn: diggin the whole look of the exterior as well :drink40:

Thanks man!

I have the same h/u. I love it. Looking forward to this build. Good luck.

Damn nice, and the price was stupid cheap. Thank you!

:popcorn: looking good so far! Love the truck!

Thanks man! :drink40:

Here

I've never had any experience with that, but I read that artical and it is very interesting. Sounds like how a vac. secondary carb works(only gives what the motor is needing). Seems as though the door would not rattle around as much when subjected to lower freqs. :shrug:

I would think this may be a good option to give a try. You were planning to cut a hole anyway so set it up for the filter and try it, if it doesn't give you the results you were lookin' for whala take out the filter and be were you would have been anyway. Good Luck!!

I agree, it's not going to hurt to give it a go. If I dont like it, like you said I can always go back to my original plan. Down side is I am ready to get this moving towards completion and I feel sure this would require a TON of testing and such. Really wish I knew someone who had some experience with this type arrangement.

Holy crap man, those pods look great! Love the idea of the Aperiodic membrane install!

Keep up the great work!