Sir-Lancelot

Sir-Lancelot's Yukon XL - UPDATE 18" ZCONS / 4 GP3k Page 27

I got to hear this in person today, all I can say is WOW. Excellent work for sure, really made me think about my anemic front stage. The XCONs sounded fantastic, I mean really really good. Extremely loud too :) Honestly I was so impressed if I was in the market for a sub in this power range they would be my next choice.

Thanks a lot man. I appreciate it and I am glad you liked it. :drink40:

Hopefully next time yours will be back in action. Would really like to hear those Wardens.

Talk to you soon!

I got to hear this in person today, all I can say is WOW. Excellent work for sure, really made me think about my anemic front stage. The XCONs sounded fantastic, I mean really really good. Extremely loud too :) Honestly I was so impressed if I was in the market for a sub in this power range they would be my next choice.

For emphasis. ;)

For emphasis. ;)

:fing34:

For emphasis. ;)

SQ subs on roids. :woot:

People get so caught up watching youtube vids of people putting up these huge numbers on fart boxes that they let the joy of sounding good every day pass them by.

IMO, the XCONS are a fantastic sub for a loud ass ground pounder set up.

Very true. I think the cone area and power you'll have in the future will be a fantastic daily driver. * Not saying what you have isn't, just louder is always better :morepower1:

Very true. I think the cone area and power you'll have in the future will be a fantastic daily driver. * Not saying what you have isn't, just louder is always better :morepower1:

Yes Sir, seems we all have issues doing things in moderation. :trippy:

:morepower1::dancing::morepower1::dancing::morepower1:

The Box is going down this weekend! I will take LOTS of pics for you sluts.

:woot:

:joshers3::jon:

Good luck man and have fun.

Rich and I will try to keep up while we're at USACi Nats this weekend. :popcorn:

Yes we are!! :eek5wavey::popcorn::drink40:

:joshers3::jon:

Good luck man and have fun.

Thanks Buddy.

Rich and I will try to keep up while we're at USACi Nats this weekend. :popcorn:

John, I hope you and Rich kick some ass! :drink40:

Yes we are!! :eek5wavey::popcorn::drink40:

Well hellz yeah we are.

schweet!!!! Looks great, I hope to get to hear this set up one day :morepower1:

Thanks buddy, I appreciate that.

Tell you what, I will meet you half way, lets say Atlanta Georgia. lol

More like texas lol

I say houston!!!

Got a good bit done this weekend! Not as much as I wanted to, but a pretty good start.

I have all the sides, front, back all glued together, and I have cut all the port and bracing.

Now I need to glue it all together and put the 3 top baffles on.

Here are some pics.

First got to keep this handy to keep the ghetto work area clean.

dscf25839264512.jpg

Also helps to hide these from the kids. Cant have them thinking Daddy is lush. lol

dscf25849274409.jpg

Okay, so here is the work area. I know ghetto as hell, but you run what you brung. Life happens and the need for 5 bedrooms was stronger then my having a garage. The wife made a deal with me tho, she gets hardwood floors and I get to build a shop. :drink40:

Really, it just takes a lot longer and you have to work smarter, but where there is a will - there is a way!

For anyone scared about making straight cuts with a skill saw, here is your friend. Clamp or screw a guide to the piece you are cutting and BAM nice straight cuts every time. Not pictured are the ghetto saw horses. I have not figured out how to cut directly on cement, YET. lol

dscf25799221668.jpg

So here is the carnage: tripple top baffles and the bottom are cut, but I didn't glue them together just yet, will do this when I put them on the box, one at a time.

The front, sides, and back all doubled up and glued together. This is going to be heavy!

dscf25769209335.jpg

dscf25889286841.jpg

Starting to cut the bracing, yes I am old school and use a jig saw. Maybe one day I will get a router, but I do pretty good with this if i must say so myself.

High speed, coarse blade, and go SLOW = Nice results.

dscf25749197652.jpg

dscf25729184009.jpg

All the port and bracing cut ! :dancing:

dscf25829254230.jpg

dscf25819244150.jpg

dscf25809232086.jpg

And after all that, I just had to mock it up to see what it do ! Everything fits together nice, but it wont stand up! My wife doesn't love you guys as much as I do and couldn't talk her into holding it up while I took a pic. I may have to trade her in for a newer model if she don't start being a team player. lol

dscf25899297169.jpg

So now comes the fun part and putting all this together. Going to have to get some more hands over here for this one, it is massive and I am too old to try and do it alone. lol

Hopefully this time next week, I will be putting this into the Yukon and tearing shit up. :drink40:

cornernosize6805704.jpg

Oh and I got an email today from tejcurrent and my dual bracket and alternator should be done here pretty soon. Got to keep your amps happy!

WICKED enclosure. nice free hand cuts!

:morepower1::peepwall:

Dont go to sleep, clamp wood together and finish box tonight. Just playing have fun man cause this enclosure is going to be fresh when its completed. How are you going to cover it: carpet, vinyl, bedliner?

:dancing: :dancing:

Old guys do nice work.Lol:popcorn: Looking good.

Thanks man, not my first rodeo that's for sure. lol

WICKED enclosure. nice free hand cuts!

Thanks bro, I am damn excited to see how it sounds. The design is badass, Dylan does nice work.

When you dont have anywhere to put a table saw, you do what you have to do. The guide makes it easy, but you have to double and triple measure everything. If you have a tape measure and a skill saw, you can make anything. lol

:morepower1::peepwall:

Dont go to sleep, clamp wood together and finish box tonight. Just playing have fun man cause this enclosure is going to be fresh when its completed. How are you going to cover it: carpet, vinyl, bedliner?

:drink40: I am going to cover it in vinyl this time around. Should be a little easier since it's all a flat surface. At least I hope so. lol

:dancing: :dancing:

Keep the pictures coming along. :)

Looking good Sir-Lance!

Everything's cut, now the "great Fun" begins! :popcorn:

Looking good so far. Good to see some MDF dust flyin. Trust me, skilsaw blades and cement don't mix.

Update in the Event forum.

John

Keep the pictures coming along. :)

Yes Sir, you know I will !

hell yah brotha! Looking good. Better you then me building that thing lol.

Just trying to keep up with you man. Can I borrow your install team for a couple nights? Seems there is a bad case of vagina rash going on with my buddys. Might have to coat my boot with some vagiclean and help em out.

Looking good Sir-Lance!

Everything's cut, now the "great Fun" begins! :popcorn:

Thanks man, Maybe I can do a little something tonight. :drink40:

Looking good so far. Good to see some MDF dust flyin. Trust me, skilsaw blades and cement don't mix.

Update in the Event forum.

John

I just saw that, congrats John, great work by you and Team LP. That sucks about Rich's HU problems. :(

The vinyl should be a real nice touch.

The vinyl should be a real nice touch.

I think so too. Trying to pull off the tan and black theme like the doors and soon to be seats.

:drink40: