Sir-Lancelot

Sir-Lancelot's Yukon XL - UPDATE 18" ZCONS / 4 GP3k Page 27

:attempt: I want that box

You can haz it!

I am going to put the kids in it and play whack a mole. lol

:lol2: Then I want dibs on the subs!! Awesome work!!!! That port looks hugh!! Size?

:lol2: Then I want dibs on the subs!! Awesome work!!!! That port looks hugh!! Size?

No! LOL

Thank you Sefugi!

9.5" top, 21.5" bottom, 22" tall - 341 sq" of port.

Maybe it will move a little bit of air. :ughdunno:

Edit to add thank you for that link too!!!

:roflmao:

Don't give me any ideas! :roflmao:

Looks completely nutz. :trippy: Great work. :fing34: Waiting for more. :popcorn:

Don't give me any ideas! :roflmao:

Looks completely nutz. :trippy: Great work. :fing34: Waiting for more. :popcorn:

Thanks John!

Hopefully it wont be raining tonight and I can wrap it.

Going Friday to have the rear lifted some more. Got 1.5" in the rear now and will be going with 3" in anticipation of it sagging even more from the weight. I hope this will sit me level or even get me a little bit of rake. If I get some rake I will crank on the torsion bars a little bit and raise the front a little more too. :drink40:

First off, this is my first post ever on the SSA Forum, from the Fi side of course. Secondly, your truck is absolutely gorgeous man. Thirdly, that's some nice work you've done on your door panels to house the speakers and the subwoofer box is looking pretty dang awesome. Lastly, your truck seriously reminds me of my old 2004 Yukon XL I had two years ago. Sadly, she died in a wreck when my brother wrecked in it. She was black with black "spare style" wheels all the way around and chrome GMC center caps. Kind of FBI-ish looking, but with 5% tint all the way around. Seeing your truck looking like that with all that cool gear going into it brings a tear to my eye(almost). Good luck with your build Sir, and take good care of her. :fing34:

Update Time

Got the box wrapped and put it in the Yukon. I ain't going to lie, this is one heavy bitch. The three of us were red faced and hurting after.

The right corner got scratch up moving it from the porch to the truck and that sucks, but I ain't redoing it. Might try to use some vinyl repair from the parts store to see if i can make it look a little better. :puzzled:

Anyone got any other ideas.

dscf26383938932.jpg

dscf26433995936.jpg

Amps and batteries installed, still need to finish the battery box. I will wrap it in vinyl and put a lid on it to hide wires. The wires on top are not installed, they will go in the box and will be covered up with a lid. I will drill holes in the dividers and pass the wire through that to the next batteries.

I thought real hard about not mounting the amps like this on the box, but in the end said WTF, they look good here so that's where they are going. The back wall of the enclosure is 1.5" thick and the amps are on a 3/4" baffle. Hopefully this wont be a bad move on my part.

dscf26393949588.jpg

dscf26413972026.jpg

dscf26464028319.jpg

dscf26403961558.jpg

dscf26494057900.jpg

For some nighttime fun, wired some LED's in the box. My buddy said it looks like a fish tank. I agree. lol With the inside painted white it changed to glow to a aqua instead of a blue. I like it better. I had some help with the lights and have to give a shout out to my friend Sefugi. Thank you for all your help, it turned out better than I expected.

dscf26544082577.jpg

dscf26564098885.jpg

Now I need to wiire up the subs and sub amps. Hopefully it wont be much longer. Everytime I think i just have just a little bit left to do, I am wrong.

I am getting closer tho.

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

First off, this is my first post ever on the SSA Forum, from the Fi side of course. Secondly, your truck is absolutely gorgeous man. Thirdly, that's some nice work you've done on your door panels to house the speakers and the subwoofer box is looking pretty dang awesome. Lastly, your truck seriously reminds me of my old 2004 Yukon XL I had two years ago. Sadly, she died in a wreck when my brother wrecked in it. She was black with black "spare style" wheels all the way around and chrome GMC center caps. Kind of FBI-ish looking, but with 5% tint all the way around. Seeing your truck looking like that with all that cool gear going into it brings a tear to my eye(almost). Good luck with your build Sir, and take good care of her. :fing34:

Thanks a lot man. I am honored that your first post was in my build!

Sucks about your XL. Hope your Brother was okay.

I have 5% tint on my list as soon as I finish messing around with all this crap. lol

$shweet! Looks like a space ship in there, sweet!

:drink40:

Thanks Mark!

When the subs are in there the only glow will be from the port. I didnt take a pic, but my team SSA sticker is all lit up on the back glass when i close the hatch. Looks cool.

Thanks Mark!

When the subs are in there the only glow will be from the port. I didnt take a pic, but my team SSA sticker is all lit up on the back glass when i close the hatch. Looks cool.

what are you waiting for then? lol, we are all picture whores around these parts :)

Excellent work!! Love the look of the triangle lit up! :woot:

Thanks Mark!

what are you waiting for then? lol, we are all picture whores around these parts :)

Ha Ha, Truth!

I will take one tomorrow night for you!

:wackit3:

:buttlick:

hotness!!!

now is the time to slow down, take your time, these are the details that create a ftw scenario!!!

looking great bro.....as it has been said,,,, that port........wow!

it all is looking good through out bro!

chop

:wackit3:

:buttlick:

hotness!!!

now is the time to slow down, take your time, these are the details that create a ftw scenario!!!

looking great bro.....as it has been said,,,, that port........wow!

it all is looking good through out bro!

chop

Thank you Buddy! I appreciate the kind words.

I agree, too easy to get in a rush now and mess up. I am very much ready to hear it tho. lol

I love the port. Hopefully it will move a little air.

:dancing:

i am guilty of not remembering if you stated the port area within your build log and too lazy to look through it all this evening....

lol

curious though to as how much port area is there?

i have a long way to go on my cutlass, so time is a friend , no cash = no rush !!! ftl!

is the front edge of the port opening rounded off any?

hard for me to see with this pc i am on.

chop

i am guilty of not remembering if you stated the port area within your build log and too lazy to look through it all this evening....

lol

curious though to as how much port area is there?

i have a long way to go on my cutlass, so time is a friend , no cash = no rush !!! ftl!

is the front edge of the port opening rounded off any?

hard for me to see with this pc i am on.

chop

Port is 341sq inches.

The port edge is not rounded, but will be when i put these on the front and paint them black. :drink40:

pid_2954-Bamboo-Quarter-Round-Molding---6-20.jpg

i see, is that 3/4" , 1/4 round stock?

or larger ?

on my screen it is about 2"s lol

it will add some additional intrest to the "look" of the port opening as well.....

i see, is that 3/4" , 1/4 round stock?

or larger ?

on my screen it is about 2"s lol

it will add some additional intrest to the "look" of the port opening as well.....

Ha Ha, it's not my pic, i just googled it for the pic.

It will be either 1/4 or 1/2. Going to put them there to keep the vinyl from pulling lose with the air from the port.

Agree. I wanted to paint the port black, but it looked better white with the lights. I will paint the round stock black and carry the black and tan theme to the enclosure.